Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Won't start only at the servo

300kplusvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ alloytec commodore
So where is the purge solinoid and are they easily replaced?
Cheers.

Migga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I'm keen to know also as next weekend I'm going to start investigating further. It's done it every start this weekend, although slightly compared to when I fill up, and at one stage check engine came up briefly then went away. So it's getting worse whatever the issue is.

Migga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Update. It now splutter starts when the cars been sitting in the sun for the day when I'm at work. I'm thinking something to do with air expansion in the fuel tank forcing fuel into the inlet???
Apart from the odd spluttering starts it runs fine without any Check engine light. Im keen to fix this myself but have no idea where to start. So if anyones got info on what that solenoid looks like let me know. :)

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
It's the purge solenoid for sure.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
The purge solenoid is on the passenger side sitting just next to the intake manifold, it might make a ticking noise every so often, you'll notice a hose leading under the manifold towards the throttle body, trace it from the throttle body, under the manifold and back to the solenoid, sorry for the shitty description. Long day.