Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Would you get Coilovers Again?

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Hi

still deciding should I get xyz coilover for my ve ss, I see a lot of cars are getting them to get the right perfect stance, and it does look good..

I wont be doing track work I just want a better ride than my king spings with stock shocks lol

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Stock shocks OMG you definitely have to do something about that!

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
will they last as long or same as a shock spring combo? I hear they need rebuilding after high km..

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
will they last as long or same as a shock spring combo? I hear they need rebuilding after high km..

They should last as long as any other shock if you just set the ride height and leave it. Raising and lowering a vehicle all the time will cause shock failure but that's the same as change springs all the time and using the same shock.

with most people being somewhat budget conscious, what would be reasonable to look at

The cheapest I'd buy are XYZs but I cant say I've looked around at coilovers since i bought mine 2-3 years ago now. From what i've read Pedder's are the biggest waste of money when it come to adjustable coilovers.

XYZs appear to be around $1600. Ksports have a good rep in the states and there base kit is $1000 but you want the shock dampering adjustment and well as the spring/ride height adjustment.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Sounds like you need shorter shocks not stock length.

When jack up car do springs drop & rattle on strut?

For daily driver/streeter I prefer standard strut top,no noise or harshness
If lowered just dont go crazy & get shorter shocks & it will ride fine.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Sounds like you need shorter shocks not stock length.

Who needs shorter shocks? Using quotes help us know which post your referring to. If it's towards me, then that was only an example any not really about the original post, but used to demonstrate why a adjustable coilover would have a shorter life span.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
ok iv decided to get coilovers and its now booked for tomorrow :)... iv chosen xyz due to the amount of cars using them with all good reviews..

Revhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Maloo