Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraiths 2004 VZ Berlina V8

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Due to clubby coming off the road soon for a resto I wanted a new car and here it is. Probably paid a bit too much for it at $4500 but oh well. 2 owner car. 185k kms. Needs a roadworthy and rego but there's some surface rust that needs taking care of first and a potential rear main or sump leak. Has a couple dings here and there but I prefer it so I don't have to freak out in shopping centres.

VF Storm rims came with it. Brand new tread. Got them for $650 so can't complain.
HT4BRri.jpg

That booty. No idea why it has a weird V8 badge. Will probably take it off at some stage.
SWhchLX.jpg

Some damage. For some reason it has a chrome strip on both sides. Not sure why.
f3PIW1b.jpg

s567zEd.jpg

Original owner got Holden to put Calais woodgrain in. No idea why.
ClSyT2z.jpg

Needs a wash but the mechanic it's at will wash it all out.
SIwjf0t.jpg

Rust. Been quoted couple hundred to sort it. Not through it's mainly surface.
rXknCqZ.jpg

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well got all the quotes sorted today. $1000 to get it roadworthy. $300 in rust repair. Needs new tyres but I'm picking up the new rims at some stage today for $650. Still leaves me with a little bit of mod money. More then enough to get a tune. Don't think I did too bad for a VZ

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Pretty good score for cheap man , I think that wood grain is a ebay type kit not holden

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I would think so but the old guy that first bought it isn't the type to even use a computer and the next owner just drove and maintained it so I have no idea. Should be on the road tomorrow. Rust doesn't seem to be an issue for the roadworthy guy. Rear main seal, extension housing seal and the extension housing resealed, rear shocks and the poly bags removed because they are split and broken. That's the report from the roadworthy guy. Mechanic is getting it all done tonight for the guy to issue the roadworthy tomorrow.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
235kw for Berlina/Calais vs 255kw on the SS. Debate continues on what was changed but by the looks of things it's all in the exhaust and maybe a tune.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well still another week before I get the car back. Found a broken engine mount as well so getting that sorted. Doing the plugs and leads as well as anything else that needs doing while it's sitting there. Has cut into the mods budget though so tossing up between CAI or tune. Don't really like OTRs and the VZ has a big intake and maf anyway.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Sounds like it's coming along nicely man, nice cheap v8 once it's all fixed up. If you got any money left best thing you could get for cheap would be some headers i reckon.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have no idea which way I'm going to go. I don't want an OTR because I think they look tacky. That and on the VZ you need an extension for the IAC etc. which is even more messy. Thinking K&N Aircharger and a tune to begin with. At least I will actually be able to hear it. Not too much of a fan of the LS sound either.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I have no idea which way I'm going to go. I don't want an OTR because I think they look tacky. That and on the VZ you need an extension for the IAC etc. which is even more messy. Thinking K&N Aircharger and a tune to begin with. At least I will actually be able to hear it. Not too much of a fan of the LS sound either.

Adding an OTR and a tune didn't change the sound at all on my SS, but adding the 4-1's made it sound a lot tougher, more pronounced 'pulse' note.
I don't think they look that messy though, this is how mine looks. You can see the IAC extension in the pic but it doesn't jump out.

UX8qGfa.jpg

No point getting a tune if you haven't done any mods, you may get 10-20 hp but you won't notice it and will probably use more fuel. I still think some headers would be money better spent.