Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraiths 2004 VZ Berlina V8

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Well MAF has been removed. Air temp sensor in airbox aaannddd........no difference as expected. Fun but expensive experiment.

Oh and found out the woodgrain isn't factory but hydro dipped....I think. Found the woodgrain pattern on the back of the console surround covering one of the factory stickers.

Last edited:

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stereo upgrade Part 1

2oOI1BN.jpg

Infinity Reference REF6030CS for the front.
JBL GTO638 for the rear.
Kenwood KAC-PS847 for the amp.

Not super high end stuff I know but should be a vast improvement on stock. No idea why the speakers turned out to all be 2 ohm but shouldn't matter much.

Stereo and cradle sitting with Phreddy as we speak getting RCA in and Aux out. All going to plan it should be all installed end of next week.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Not bad, not bad at all..

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
Does the Berlina have the same standard system as the Calais?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does the Berlina have the same standard system as the Calais?

As far as I'm aware the stock Calais system is 2 ohm with 2 subs. Berlina is 4ohm and no subs. If it had the 2 factory subs I probably would of saved my self some money and just upgraded them but yeah. To retrofit it is a fairly big and expensive job in itself.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
So apparently PVC is a no go. Been on around a week.

62e8Flx.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Damn that sucks , if you can somehow work a rubber tube into the intake . Bunnings have like 90-100mm rubber storm water piping that I used when my OTR intake rubber joiner ripped

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I descreened the MAF and put it back in. I have the rubber joiner as well just didn't think it would seal very well. Over all though the MAF + intake piping is not a restriction like the early models. Felt 0 difference without the MAF. Leaving the temp sensor in the airbox though because I paid a ridiculous amount of money for it.

Edit:
Drove the car today. Felt really off like it had no power. Had been meaning to reset the ECU after having the air temp sensor unplugged for so long. Opened the bonnet to find the intake pipe had shifted and was just floating in the breeze. Glad I caught it before something drastic happened.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
That LS got too much power for the old PVC pipe.... Hah

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Part 1.5 of stereo install came today. Wiring kit and the amp. Kind of mad because the other wiring kit I got actually looked substantial. This stinger kit has piddly cables. Still will work just bugs me.

Still waiting on the phreddy modded headunit. Should be here end of week. Been very annoying couple of weeks without the stereo. Have picked up so many rattles and squeaks.

Found the drivers door wasn't closing properly. Had a look at the latch. All the plastic has come off every single one but only the drivers side rattles like it's not shut properly. Chucked a bit of tape on there which seems to have sorted it. Will wait till money improves and will just replace the lot.