Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraiths 2004 VZ Berlina V8

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah seen yours. Looks alright. I had budgeted about a grand for mods but looks like it's going to be half that with the new stuff so not sure what to do. Car is completely stock so yeah not sure.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well looks like no chance of picking the car up this week. Panel shop is running behind so won't even make a start on her till tomorrow if I'm lucky. Was hoping to have it by the weekend but that's blown out till Monday if I'm lucky. So far sitting at $1900 to get it on the road not including rego. Engine mount needing replacing as well and mechanic suggested the plugs and leads be done so just got it done. Oh and the key reader stopped working.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
How much is rego for 6 months? My new Clubsport is $500 plus!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Worked it out to be around 720 bucks for 6 months. It's crazy expensive but that's new rego with stamp duty and CTP.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh I see. I just bought an Impulse Blue VZ R8, had it just over two weeks now. Rego runs out next month. QLD Transport said $524 for 6months and yet my VZ SV6 was around the same price... Unbelievable.

I'll do up a build thread on the weekend as its a bit difficult off an iPhone.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sweet. Look forward to it. Small upgrade over a SV6 :p Yeah rego isn't as bad as every one makes it. There's hardly any difference between the wagon and clubby. Even insurance on the VZ is a few dollars more then the wagon and it's 3 years newer with a V8.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I've had a hiatus from JC for awhile, a lot has changed. Going through all the old threads and seeing everyone's cars now is amazing!

Bloody oath, first V8 I actually own.

And I can't agree with you more on that one!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well so much for having it back this week. Smash repair place has only just taken the car now. So much for Wednesday. So now it's Monday before I get it back. Feeling like I haven't even bought a new car with all the dramas. Poor mechanic stuck in the middle isn't impressed that they never even bothered to call me and let me know they were too busy. Could get it today in primer but what's the point.

Edit:
Oh and they say the boot is stuffed and will need replacing if I plan to keep the car long term.

Edit x 2:
Did some shopping to make myself feel better. Got a twin 2.5 catback coming and a tune. Yes budget stuff but should still make it move. Haven't driven it for more then 2 minutes so should be interesting.

Edit 3: Bought a strut brace for it as well. Does nothing being the factory one but looks better and it already has the studs so why not.

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
And the addiction begins! What brand catback you end up getting, and did you get a genuine strut brace?

Sucks you haven't gotten it back yet, I'd be anxious as ****!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Genuine strut brace so probably won't do much but the studs are there so why not. Just a supercat cat back. Cheap I know but still will allow me to at least hear the V8.