Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraiths 2004 VZ Berlina V8

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Colour match it before installing?

You can feel the V8 under foot and through the steering wheel ahah.

My thread is up, just waiting approval.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just leaving it black. Not too fussed. In the 2 minutes I have driven the car the only time you really knew it was a V8 was when you were right into it which doesn't work for me. Just got an email asking for more information for the tune. Next week should be pretty interesting. Drive it stock for a few days then new exhaust and tune. Should be fun.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fail call, mine is colour matched and looks mint. Ahh, I know what you're saying.

You notice and hear the difference after that then! I'm nervous for you. Exciting stuff.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Assuming I get the damn car back Monday. Hopefully they have already got it in primer and it will just need a quick paint touch up. Not holding my breath though.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patience, my friend. It'll all work out.

I'm waiting to pick up parcels on Monday as I missed the delivery because of work, and also awaiting some more during the week too. I feel your pain.

At least panel repairer's down south are quicker than up here. Booked out for months...

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I guess. Just the fact they didn't even bother to tell me "Look we are running behind" The fact it was meant to be with them from Wednesday done Friday and they only just took it Friday lunch time is really annoying. That and the fact I doubt they would of worked to get it finished today which is what a decent company would of done after stuffing people around.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know all too well about poor communication skills from businesses. It's wrong, but it's just how they are. Reviewing them and word of mouth play a huge part on their advertising.

It doesn't cost anything to be a genuine person and a one minute phone call isn't going to hurt anyone...

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally she's home. Drove 2 seconds up from mechanics. ABS Fault. Got it registered took it back. Left wheel speed sensor fault. Great. So another thing to fix. Put the LED interior lights in. Found it did actually have footwell lights just drivers side had blown. Tried to get some better photos of how she looks. Was looking at Calais front and rear lights but think the Berlina lights suit the silver better. More I look at it the better I think it looks compared to the Calais. Mechanic told me 2 of the ignition leads just fell apart when they took them off so lucky I told them to go ahead and just swap it out. Also debadged the Berlina and stupid V8 badge the first owner put.

aWQ0sgR.jpg

jXjtNbA.jpg

Last edited:

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah. It's drivable now just leave traction control off. Makes for a fun time :p Goes pretty well for a completely stock car given all the stories you hear of how slow they are. Sounds terrible though so I'm glad I got an exhaust for it on the way.