Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraiths 2004 VZ Berlina V8

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Oh OK so it's definitely those? The VX has a VZ radiator shroud but it's from the growler kit. Has the push pins but they are pretty big. Thought they might be different. Cheers :)

they look the same , just dont know if they are the right size

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Oh ok yeah the sizes are both wrong compared to the one I have now but given the larger one says VE guess I will wing it and hope for the best.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still haven't got the radiator shroud scrivits. One day. Got the brakes done today. Yay for no more squealing. Pulls up much better now to. Also swapped out the crappy low beam globes and park lights it had. Fully sick LED park lights and my favourite Philips Xtreme Visions make it look much better.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Still haven't got the radiator shroud scrivits. One day. Got the brakes done today. Yay for no more squealing. Pulls up much better now to. Also swapped out the crappy low beam globes and park lights it had. Fully sick LED park lights and my favourite Philips Xtreme Visions make it look much better.

I took a crap load of them
clips off some VY/VZs at my local wreckers awhile ago. Pre handy collection.

What'd you change on the brakes?

Did you get the 130% version? I instead went the Diamond Vision path again with the Clubsport. I don't like the HID idea.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Couldn't find the 130 so went with 100. Diamond Vision is only for the colour. You will find the light output is probably lower then stock just bluer. Brakes got redone. New rotors, pads and fluid. So much better now you don't feel like your about to run into the car in front of you. Brakes were worn but still technically OK. Fluid was borderline.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Couldn't find the 130 so went with 100. Diamond Vision is only for the colour. You will find the light output is probably lower then stock just bluer. Brakes got redone. New rotors, pads and fluid. So much better now you don't feel like your about to run into the car in front of you. Brakes were worn but still technically OK. Fluid was borderline.

eBay my friend. Aha.

I've tried the whole Philips range nearly. I prefer the look of the Diamonds, better than the Whites and Crystals. I don't do long distance driving anyway.

Just OEM style rotors? What was your choice on pads? At least you did them for safety and piece of mind.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Xtreme Visions have a really white light and better light output. Used them in every car I have owned since I found out about them.

I got the RDA rotors. RDA GP Max pads. Not the absolute best but they work better then old crap ones with no name rotors and pads.

$_1.JPG

Tune I got from Turbo Industries on eBay. People seem happy with them and for the price I couldn't complain. Shipping was a nightmare though. Express post took 5 days and they had just dropped into the box so it didn't get scanned until it was with the delivery driver. Booked in Wednesday to make sure the AFRs are all good before I will recommend them though.

Hopefully the MCAI bits get here tomorrow or Wednesday then begins that fun slicing and dicing project to get it to work on a VZ.

Even after being tuned it's pretty doughy under say about 60 then it really moves. Not sure what to do to enhance it yet. Got to watch your self though quick stab of the throttle at 40 and it will chirp the tyres and hit 70+ in seconds

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a set of H1 and H3 Xtremes for the ute. Just didn't like the light in the reflector housing. Never tried them with the Altezza housings though.

They look alright.

I'll keep looking for updates. Top stuff.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah ok fair enough. I'm already bored of the power. I want to skip cam, heads etc and move straight to boost. If only the bank balance agreed.