Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF? fuzzy noise?

mawsy

giggity giggity
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Hi,

I've just put some new stereo equipment in and the the front tweeters are making a fuzzy noise? Anyone seen this happen and know how to fix it? Also, the sub is rattling, not any of the panels around it, the actual sub? If i apply a bit of pressure to the cone it stops but i don't think that should happen? If anyone knows what is going on your help would be appreciated.

It is all setup to run off a 4 channel amp. the splits are new sony, the amp is the sony slimline amp and the sub is the sony slimline 12.And its all in a 2003 VYII Ute 'S'.

Cheers Mawsy :)

hellothere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1
yer i got the same probs with mine running 4 ch clarion amp with clarion splits for front and alpine 6x9s in the rear. tweeters not sounding the best even at low volume.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
my sisters vw has the same problem, she has two amps, one running her speakers the other to the sub but they share the same grounding. Does each amp need its own gorunding point?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
my sisters vw has the same problem, she has two amps, one running her speakers the other to the sub but they share the same grounding. Does each amp need its own gorunding point?

Not necessarily, but it has to be a good, solid earth, with good metal-on-metal contact.

hellothere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1