Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF? head unit does nto work?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hey people, ever since i changed my engine over my head unit hasnt been working.. but i know its getting power because when i turn my key off it beeps (pioneer) so it is obviously getting power, but no display...

i pressed a couple buttons hoping i could get something (thinking maybe the screen was dead) also nothing so the display does not seem to be the prob.

i know my earths are fine because i checked them...

checked all fuses under the steering column, there fine...

only thing i cant think of is the fuse at the back of the stereo? can anybody recommend anything else to check while im taking out half my dash?

thanks heaps :D

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
might sound stupid but press the power button (source) if you havnt already. has happened to me a few times in cars when iv had to disconnect the battery :p

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
not sure bout the cheaper pioneers but if it has the oel display the screen should still work and have the demo running instead sounds 2 me its got somthing 2 do with ur acc and battery wire check they havent come loose

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
might sound stupid but press the power button (source) if you havnt already. has happened to me a few times in cars when iv had to disconnect the battery :p

OMMMMMFGG! hahaha i was worried because when i have taken the battery off before it came back with a clock when i reconnected it.... it didnt this time so i got a little worried..... well turned it on that way and it worked... i feel so stupid :p