Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF? Wife was fined for something that a cop accused her of THINKING about doing.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
And while your fiddling around in your car with a flurry of activity, the cops gonna think you're trying to hide something and then defect and search your car

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I had a bit of a weird altercation with with the police yesterday. Was driving out to meet hubby for lunch, driving along normally and sensibly with my toddler in the back and a highway patrol copper pulls alongside me as I am driving and yells out "you need to watch for traffic lights" I give him a puzzled wtf look and he yells out "that light was almost red" still thinking wtf I just said okay thankyou and he yelled out "I might get a fine in the mail". I do not know what in the actual #### he is on about because I went through a green light, not amber, not red if it was red he was behind me and would have had to have run it too. How is a light almost red? its red or it isn't red and it was most certainly green and if I did run a red would he not pull me over and book me? Might get a fine wtf? even if it was red that set of lights has not red light camera. So I don't know would he have taken my plate no. down and fine me later? It was just all very odd and has me wondering if he is colourblind, retarded or trolling. Not worried I have a perfect driving record and if I do receive a fine I will take it to court. Starting to think a dashcam isn't a bad idea...

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
You have to stop amber lights too unless its dangerous to stop

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
And while your fiddling around in your car with a flurry of activity, the cops gonna think you're trying to hide something and then defect and search your car

If thats what you think, then good for you.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Not sure that I agree with this mate. It seems to me, if a police officer turns on a recording device with the specific intent of recording your conversation, then sure he has to tell you. Likewise, if you do the same, you would have to inform him.

Cop cars are equipped with cameras and sound, but they don't have to inform you that you are being recorded when they pull you up. Watch some of those fun youtube videos where the coppers pull people over. The sound is often clear enough to hear, even with the 'culprit' still in the car. I'm confident that my car camera could pick up similarly well (an app for an iPhone actually) especially if the cop has come to my window as they often do.

That recording is not premeditated, its just a part of a conversation between two people. That, and the video of the events themselves, would seem to me to be enough to assist in court, and I cant see how it could be invalid.

I was thinking more along the lines of a hand-held device rather than an in car unit. I'm pretty sure that the legislation quoted earlier, which corrected my previous post, was designed with the intention of protecting police against allegations of illegal or improper behaviour during traffic stops, as well as providing evidence for court, and was intended to empower police only.

A police officer's reaction to a request by a motorist to record any conversation would be interesting.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I had a bit of a weird altercation with with the police yesterday. Was driving out to meet hubby for lunch, driving along normally and sensibly with my toddler in the back and a highway patrol copper pulls alongside me as I am driving and yells out "you need to watch for traffic lights" I give him a puzzled wtf look and he yells out "that light was almost red" still thinking wtf I just said okay thankyou and he yelled out "I might get a fine in the mail". I do not know what in the actual #### he is on about because I went through a green light, not amber, not red if it was red he was behind me and would have had to have run it too. How is a light almost red? its red or it isn't red and it was most certainly green and if I did run a red would he not pull me over and book me? Might get a fine wtf? even if it was red that set of lights has not red light camera. So I don't know would he have taken my plate no. down and fine me later? It was just all very odd and has me wondering if he is colourblind, retarded or trolling. Not worried I have a perfect driving record and if I do receive a fine I will take it to court. Starting to think a dashcam isn't a bad idea...

It's a shame you don't have any independent witnesses as the above mentioned behaviour from said police officer seems dangerous to me, what if you got distracted and crashed?

I surely hope you don't get a ticket, however if the above recollection is accurate I fair you will. tough one to fight. Another good reason for a dash cam. Clearly more evidence that the cops are a law onto them selves.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
486282_518118811554340_791978849_n.jpg

AMEN , AMEN and once more AMEN