Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xbox in my VS q's

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
After all the comments floating around about consoles in cars i've decided to have a look myself. I have an chipped Xbox which can play anything and everything. Those TFT monitors on ebay are only like $150, and a power inverter for the car is only about $30. Just wondering if anyone else out there has done this, if there are any problems that I should be considering, or anything I should be looking out for. At the moment im just playing with idea's.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
all i can think of is the dvd drive skipping with bumps, and heat. get a good fan in there or keep it in the open and padding around it for bumps and then your all good. keep passengers happy thats for sure

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah, i believe some lower grade inverters do a poor job when it comes to powering an Xbox/Playstation. have a read around on the forum, i can't remember the technical reason.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
I have a 150w inverter in the car, wired into the loom so we don't use a ciggie socket, works good (we mounted it under the drivers seat, so the 2nd row of seats cas access it). Runs the PS2 fine and even the laptop.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
The jaycar unit should be fine

azzfox, who is - "Armin Van Buuren/24"

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
After all the comments floating around about consoles in cars i've decided to have a look myself. I have an chipped Xbox which can play anything and everything. Those TFT monitors on ebay are only like $150, and a power inverter for the car is only about $30. Just wondering if anyone else out there has done this, if there are any problems that I should be considering, or anything I should be looking out for. At the moment im just playing with idea's.

Those chipped Xbox's are good bang for ya buck arent they. I run a Xecuter 3 chip and 120G HD. Free games for me :dance: It would be great to have in the car hooked up to the stereo, Do you run XB media centre??

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
dual boot linux off it, then you get a car PC too :p

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
azzfox, who is - "Armin Van Buuren/24"
Armin Van Buuren is a DJ, who suposably did the theme for the TV Show "24". Those words from my signature are from the intro of the song spoken by Jack Bauer from 24. The songs called "Longest Day of my Life".

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
i have a PsOne with a Flip up screen in my car. It run's off one of those Jaycar converters. Works to a treat but i keep myne in the passanger glovebox so only the passanger can play it.