Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xf carb

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
if you are meaning me i am in adelaide.

cheers

scott

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
NSW Central Coast. If you want I can post Pictures of the carb. Its currently soaking in a drum of deisel. Well its been there for the last 3 months :) Soaking it helps remove and soften carbon and other gunk. I would put a rebuild kit though it before I use it though as it was sitting on the shelf where I purchased it from for some time.

If you want it posted I would need to dry it and blow it out before I could ship it anywhere. I actually have been doing a clean out of alot of 6cyl 202 bits making room for soon to be arriving EFI V8.
I have a disassembled 202 race engine requiring rings bearings block & gaskets. I will be posting a parts list in a few days when I finalise pricing.

cheers
Scott

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Hrm, I'd be interested, esp. if you ran a rebuild kit through it ;)

You got any decent Holley 2bbl manifolds to suit the 12 port head? I figure I can run a Redline or Cain manifold for the Holleys and track down a Holley -> Weber adaptor plate - no doubt a fuckload easier to find than a Weber -> Varishit :)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
carb sold as is I dont have time to rebuild it. Im devoting my time to a V8 conversion on my good car.
Carbs are easy enough to rebuild, last kit I bought for a varajet was $28, weber shouldnt be much different. The kit comes with instructions as long as you pull it appart and take note where everything goes its a piece of cake probably take a couple of hours if that, just dont skip things or try to cut corners esp take your time getting your float level right
I tried a few different float positions on the varajet on the car im driving atm and found 7mm worked better than the recommended 8mm, unless the ruler was out :)
I have heard the holley carbs dont go so well on the 202s could have just been the size or something they were using but, if your chasing power just go EFI dont waste time with a carb.
If you want to put the weber on just buy a adapter plate wont cost much. I could see the whole job buying the carb, rebuild kit &adapter plat costing about $100-$120 all up