Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xplod™ Amplifier XMGTR3301D, have your say! NEED ADVICEEEEEE

kriscattan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive

Xplod™ Amplifiers XMGTR3301D

hey all i was just wondering what the word is on this amp, i know Sony is the go to company for teasing but lately i have heard some good things.

ill be looking to get this amp for 1 Alpine type R, duel voice coil, 4 Ohm on both coils. how do u think this will go? the amp cost $300 and i think that the specs sound good from what i know, but i really don't know a whole lot so i need others opinions and advice!!!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Seems pretty good to me - if you tune it right it would be a good amp for your type r

kriscattan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
what exactly does tuning involve? can it be done by someone like me who isn't really experienced?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
There are 2 versions of the Type R, the dual 2 ohm, and dual 4 ohm.
I will assume you have the dual 4 ohm. In this case, you need to look at an amp's power output at 2 ohm. Wiring your voice coil's in parrallel with halve the impedance load.
So the Sony puts out 600 rms @ 2 ohm, so yes this will be sufficient.

Tuning is a simple matter of correctly adjusting your gains, and setting the sub up correctly via the head unit, if it has any seperate sub level contols, crossover fq's, ect.
Stone X recently posted this link, http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=35875 which is a good read, allthough it can get a little technical at times for beginners.

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
Would not touch sony car audio (xplod) with a 10ft pole... Most pro audio shops will tell you the same.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
I might as well chime in and offer something from my ranges: Products Page

The FLI Loaded 1000. $280 including shipping wherever you are. Its the entry level division of VIBE.

Sorry to have just chimed in but choice is a wonderful thing and I love expanding it! :)