Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xr6 vs sv6 sidi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Are there any official numbers out there i.e. 0-100, 1/4 mile times etc

A mate of mine bought a new xr6 and he's convincing me that falcon would be quicker on 1/4 mile ?!?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Are there any official numbers out there i.e. 0-100, 1/4 mile times etc

A mate of mine bought a new xr6 and he's convincing me that falcon would be quicker on 1/4 mile ?!?

And he's right! The current FG XR6 with the ZF auto would easily beat the SIDI powered SV6.

read my signature

:rofl:

funny_internet_tshirt-p235549166534163156qmkd_400.jpg

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
How many hundredths of a second does it take for you to classify it as an 'easy' win, CSP?

Over a quarter mile (as stated) the quality of the fabled zf hardly comes into it. The zf's real strength is in the software that runs it and how well it shifts through corners. Shift speed is barely any different. It's no dsg.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The ZF when I was looking at FG's was a $2000 extra... I'd rather spend that money on CAI and an exhaust... OH WAIT I DID!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

All the magz comparing the two have given it a win to the SIDI, even the aurion beats the FG!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Nothing wrong with using magz too compare... they are tested under same conditions with same km's etc.

The FG with a $2000 ZF vs a SIDI with $2000 worth of mods?? It'd be an even bigger margin. And thats on a downtuned motor. + the VE wieghs more :rofl2:

doggyFAIL1.jpg

combatantsomeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim v6..?
I have a BF xr6 with the ZF and it is miles ahead of anything else ive ever driven...
I should imagine the FG one would be as good or better

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I have a BF xr6 with the ZF and it is miles ahead of anything else ive ever driven...
I should imagine the FG one would be as good or better

The SIDI is the best I've driven....but having not driven any other newer vehicles I guess that makes this comment completely useless. What I can say however is that the SIDI is definately sub seven seconds 0-100 which I guess is comparable to that of the xr6 + it looks heaps better :)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
The ZF when I was looking at FG's was a $2000 extra... I'd rather spend that money on CAI and an exhaust... OH WAIT I DID!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

All the magz comparing the two have given it a win to the SIDI, even the aurion beats the FG!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Nothing wrong with using magz too compare... they are tested under same conditions with same km's etc.

The FG with a $2000 ZF vs a SIDI with $2000 worth of mods?? It'd be an even bigger margin. And thats on a downtuned motor. + the VE wieghs more :rofl2:

doggyFAIL1.jpg

Not sure where you are getting your figures from.

Here is a price comparison, the XR6 being cheaper:
FG Falcon drops almost $3000 into Aussie pockets

And here is a review of the cars, teh FG coming out ahead.
Holden Commodore SV6 vs Ford Falcon XR6

Another article comparing the 2 where the xr6 comes out as a better performance car:
Class acts with six appeal - www.drive.com.au

And in regards to your signature, not sure where you got those 0-100times but the SV6 does a 6.7 adn the xr6 does a 6.8.

On the 0-60kmph the XR6 wins with a 3.1 trumping the sv6 3.4 which is lacking lower rpm torque.

Not sure about the 1/4, got going on the fact teh FG would get the jump off the line and both are equally matched to 100kmph... I imagine it would be neck and neck @ the line.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I find this hard to believe

I watched an top gear australia episode where they tested falcon xt vs omega.

This was couple years back when omega had 175kw non sidi angine

Quarter mile race was interesting and falcon won by a car lenght at most

Now i'd find it odd that a newer engine with 35kw extra and better gearbox would be slower than falcon's inline 6 ??

I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
SV6 has more kw but the XR6 has more torque plus an auto box (ZF box) that it much more advanced than the SV6 one.

Torque is one thing that alot of people forget to take into account, the XR6 has 41Nm of more than the SV6 and that is torque down low in the rpm. Plus the box is able to utilize that torque well, that's why in terms of 0-100 and 1/4 the cars are very closely matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.