Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xtreme clutch boiling fluid

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Bout 4 months ago i got my stage 1 Xtreme clutch kit installed in my VE SS sedan (320rwkw).....it has been awesome! no more slipping and no more clutch pedal sticking to the floor when giving it some!!!

Couple weeks ago I was getting new tyres so I decided to use up the old ones.

1st gear smokn em up..... 2nd gear clutch is slipping then clutch pedal goes soft for a few seconds and i have no drive.... Not the same issue as the old clutch sticking to the floor..... It came good again but smelt like burning and the pedal was harder and clutch started shuddering on take off.

Guy who installed it said I had boiled the fluid!

So I bleed the system with all new fluid and problem solved! Clutch feels good again. No shuddering.

Did another light em up take off bout a week later and did it again.... By 2nd gear the clutch was slipping and pedal was soft. Then burning smell.

Assuming I boiled the fluid again. Just bleed the system with new stuff again.....problem solved

I am assuming there is more pressure on the fluid due to the higher clamp load

would the boiling be due to that or heat soak from engine bay or internally from the clutch?

No point having a killa clutch if it only works for 1 gear

I have now put some racing clutch fluid in but havent been able to test it out yet....ive done hard take offs and its fine but no smokey ones yet....was the same with the non race fluid though......ill let ya know how it goes

if it happens with the race fluid in there im going to get it checked under warranty

Just thought I would see if anyone has had this happen with their xtreme kit in their VE at all?

i dont drive like that all the time but if i go to the drags and want to warm the tyres id like it to not boil the fluid

cheers for any experiences guys.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
I've been told to do a slave cyclinder upgrade on mine after complaints of black fluid. Apparently the colour is the fluid taken the colour of the rubber seal but I'm not convinced that's it.

As for boiling fluid I'd put DOT 5 in it or better and search some other US forum to see what there doing. If you find anything let's as know