Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yeah Right!

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I noticed the comment about the rear parking sensors again! How can you tell if they are genuine or not? I bought my VE SV6 and ordered sensors, which were fitted after the car came from the factory. The sensors look a little different to the ones fitted to the berlina/calais (which are factory fitted). But the dealership assured me that they were genuine!

There is a whole thread in the forums here on it, I couldn't find it for you just then when I searched. Sorry!

Your best bet is to go to the dealer and take a look at the models such as the Calais which actually come with them standard and view the difference for yourself.

It's probably not the end of the world if they have put the after market ones on, though I have heard people complaining about them not working as well, also, the fact that the salesman may have lied to you. Fingers crossed anyway!

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
The refund is possible, anyone remember years ago the price went down drastically on their Adventra's?
yes, because Holden announced they would not be producing a V6 Adventra, then with the VZ they threw the Alloytec into it which upset alot of VY owners as they bought a V8 having been told one thing, then Holden did another.

CSP your a very lucky guy then, Ive never heard of a dealer doing that for the simple reason they are charged a fee from the supplier when they buy the car, whether for an order or for the showroom, and I would imagine it means they also didnt do a pre delivery check on the car ??

As for the sensors just check what you signed for, its not uncommon for a salesman to write down "rear parking sensors" and giving you a verbal indication their genuine when their not. We had this with roof mounted DVD players. After 12 months they started to stop working, and all we could do was tell the customer they were non genuine, because they are - we can't help. Problem was we also copped the abuse from the customer when it's not our fault thats what the salesman organised, if anything we're against non genuine stuff because it means we miss out on the sale of a genuine item, and therefore we miss out on making money too.

Same when the customer wanted a second set of IR headphones or a replacement remote ... sorry, cant help :whistling

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
There is a whole thread in the forums here on it, I couldn't find it for you just then when I searched. Sorry!

Your best bet is to go to the dealer and take a look at the models such as the Calais which actually come with them standard and view the difference for yourself.

It's probably not the end of the world if they have put the after market ones on, though I have heard people complaining about them not working as well, also, the fact that the salesman may have lied to you. Fingers crossed anyway!

When I went to the dealer regarding another issue today, I mentioned the parking sensors again, and he assured me that they only order genuine sensors to fit the VE. My only guess is that the dealer fitted ones are fitted slightly different to the factory fitted ones. By the way, they work fine!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Genuine ones are ONLY fitted in the factory, colour coded and recessed into the bumper. I don't know why people find this topic confusing.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Genuine ones are ONLY fitted in the factory, colour coded and recessed into the bumper. I don't know why people find this topic confusing.

Is what your saying actual fact? I am asking this because the dealer assures me they are a genuine holden accessory. That is why I am confused. My sensors are colour coded and recessed, but they look slightly different to the Calais/Berlina sensors, which are factory fitted.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Are you saying that the Holden part numbered items that are purchased from the dealer spare parts and colour coded as requested are not genuine?
(I do realise the dealer has them colour coded for the individual purchase.)
In my case they were fitted by me according to the genuine installation instructions enclosed with them.
They were also recessed into the bumper.
Me confused ?

YEP!!

Keith.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Can't be sure anything you purchase from spare parts is from Holden. Only parts attached to or installed on your car on the factory production line are sure to be officially used Holden parts.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Can't be sure anything you purchase from spare parts is from Holden. Only parts attached to or installed on your car on the factory production line are sure to be officially used Holden parts.

CSP

I would imagine that the "genuine" factory fitted components are provided by an outside supplier in the first place, and the same supplier would provide the parts you purchase over the counter at the spares department of your local dealer. The only thing genuinely Holden about them would be the fact that they were installed at the factory, rather than by the dealer. The kits are designed to "plug and play" and it would be simpler for the dealer to install the factory kits rather than the cheaper copies. Warranty concerns would also tend to affect what they chose too.

Sure, some dealers will cheat on this sort of thing, but I don't think every Holden dealer in the country is out to skin customers.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
'......Sure, some dealers will cheat on this sort of thing, but I don't think every Holden dealer in the country is out to skin customers.'

Perhaps you are right however if you take a good look at the forums realting to Holden products it seems that there are a lot of customers/owners who think otherwise. I wonder why this is so? Perhaps a list of Holden Dealers where customers have achieved high levels of satisfaction might be of interest to the rest of us. Then and only then attitudes might change - over time !

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
yes, because Holden announced they would not be producing a V6 Adventra, then with the VZ they threw the Alloytec into it which upset alot of VY owners as they bought a V8 having been told one thing, then Holden did another.

Yeah that's the details I couldnt remember, go Matty :yeah::p