Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yella terra s/charger??

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
just wanting to find out if there are any of you guys running the YT chargers for the 5.0s??
if so whats your thoughts and details
cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
yeah ill be keen for some info as well ... hey j-man arent you running high compression?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
yeah ill be keen for some info as well ... hey j-man arent you running high compression?
yeah i was just thinking of setting up a 2.4L wipple kit to my existing motor (standard) thats in the car atm instead finishing the 355 thats sitting on the stand .... thinking it would be cheaper to do .... rather than a full 355 build

but after a bit of research to setup a YT charger, tuned and intercooled your looking at just under 8k for the kit then u have to upgrade injectors, throttlebody to 90mm and in total between 11-14k on a stock 5.0 and only making low to mid 200rwkw on 8-10psi depending on how safe the motor is.....
i read somewhere that a factory 355 with that 2.4L wipple kit was only making round 290+rwkw sure its good figures but i would expect more power for 11-14k

so for that kinda money for the YT schrga kit id be better off stickin to the 355....at least i know it will hold up and all spankin new,
and a stock 5.0 is bound to sh!t itself sooner than later which then = more $$$$

so im definately stickin to my build...........id rather a carbd, cammed 355

Last edited:

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah ive had a quick read through it all ... im keen on getting one i like the idea of instant power from idle

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
yeah ive had a quick read through it all ... im keen on getting one i like the idea of instant power from idle
yours would hammer with one of them bolted to it..... i think they kick in at about 2800rpm, 2500 stally and your laughin. what diff u got your VH?

Reaction score
Members Ride
no stally for me all manuel..... ive got a 10 bolt sailsbury laying around i think ill just chuck that in for now and take it a bit easy then get a VLturbo diff i guess... what you running in yours?

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
no stally for me all manuel..... ive got a 10 bolt sailsbury laying around i think ill just chuck that in for now and take it a bit easy then get a VLturbo diff i guess... what you running in yours?
shitty old 8bolt pegger in mine! same one since factory.
10bolt lsd's hold up pretty good....i spoke to a bloke last year at pwrcrz and he had a 10bolt in his vk with a ballzy 355 running meth doin low 10's

Reaction score
Members Ride
nice that gives me a bit more confidence with it.... the diff i got came out of a cop car so i hope it is LSD but i havent checked it out yet