Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yes, another VE audio thread!

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Guys,

Would I notice a big difference in quality if I just replaced all the standard speakers in the SSV? I.e. focal all round with 2 x 8" subs?

Thinking of running off the standard system, disconnecting the centre speaker and running the existing amp?

What do you guys suggest? What are the speaker sizes again?

Thanks all :)

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
In short, yes you would notice a big difference in sound quality.
As for suggestions, how much money are you looking to spend roughly? Will you install or will install need to be included in the cost?
Cheers.

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
i will have my speakers replaced tomorrow in a new VE with focals. No sub though. $860 installed. Can report back after.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
A mate gave some advice to me about installing something.

Basically it's a Fusion 450watt sub/amp box. I didn't want to spend heaps and he said it was about $250-$290. He said this was a simple hook up and a cheap one.

Well, imagine my surprise when I get home on Saturday to a bunch of junk mail including a Supercheap catalogue. The best bit was 35% off fusion. So I burn down to the local and surprise surprise they have the one he was talking about... $194. Done. Will install some time this week and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
It will sound clearer but you'll probably lose the bass from the speakers so it won't sound as loud as before. The stock speakers are used because they suit the doors, power and EQ of the standard head unit perfectly. Aftermarket speakers require more power and low frequencies will be the part that suffers.