Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You might be an engineer if:

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
What do you mean what course? I’m doing a bachelor of mechatronics at university of QLD. it's been running for 4 or 5 years now i think.

I dunno, maybe I am a geek. I thought the list of things was pretty funny. Like, “Everyone else on the Alaskan Cruise is on deck peering at the scenery, and you are still on a personal tour of the engine room” and “You have a habit of destroying things in order to see how they work” are a perfect description of me.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
well since we are into self flagellation....

Doctor
Supposedly, all women are after a Doctor, so don't expect your relationship to last more than 5 years. Eventually, he'll run off with some nurse from his office, or one of his young women patients that is pretending to be sick. He'll wait until you are stuck with a few kids to do this. This is not a problem with your Engineer. He had a hard enough time meeting you. It is unlikely, he'll ever meet another woman in his profession.

Lawyer
(a) You seriously expect an honest, trusting relationship with someone who gets paid for lying? Once again, this is not a problem with your Engineer. He doesn't have enough social skills to lie convincingly. (b) An additional drawback is that when the divorce happens you will get nothing.

Sales
See honesty (a), under Lawyer. Plus, he will be travelling to trade shows, etc. where he will be in the company of other equally untrustworthy individuals. Don't be surprised when you get the invitation to show up on the Ricki Lake show. The company that your engineer works at will keep him in a cage, often called a cubicle, until he is ready to go home to you.

High Risk
These are hazardous professions such as Police Officers, Firefighters, Construction Workers, etc. Your husband, if he is not dead by some accident, will like be crippled with a back injury, etc just about the time you are at your sexual peak. The only hazards that your engineer will face is losing his eyesight by staring at the terminal for too long. This hazard actually has some benefits. For one, he will not notice that you are getting older, since he will be a blur. He will remember you as when he first met you, because the memory will be the only way he can see you. Also, when some beautiful girl walks by, and you ask "Honey, were you looking at her?", he'll honestly be able to say that he didn't even see her.

Teacher
The only reason he entered this profession is so that he could be surrounded by newly post-pubescent girls who idolise him. He'll be in jail soon, and then you'll have to look for another man.

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
dephilile said:
What do you mean what course? I’m doing a bachelor of mechatronics at university of QLD. it's been running for 4 or 5 years now i think.
yes we have mechatronics courses here too but they range from advanced diploma to bachelor degree.

i myself next year will be doing an advanced diploma in either mechanical or mechatronic engineering. possibly articulate into bachelor of mechanical engineering: automotive.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
bextor84 said:
Well give me a job and in return I'll spell my own name and do pearler drafting for you. I've been doing underground/above ground electrical, civil electrical stuff.. But cads cad. I can move any way I want.

I wasn't having a go at you personally, you probably know how to use autocad one hundred times better that me. Its a bitch of a program to use, same as Microstation J. We had a draftsman at the last place I worked at and his job was to transfer all the old hand drawings (mostly mechanical stuff) into autocad. Very switched on bloke.

I was just illustrating the point that some people give **** to engineers, when personally they really have nothing going for themselves. Thats what gets to me.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
haha, yeah I can understand that. Theres a chick where I work that claims to be really knowledgable but seriously she's dumb as all ****. Keeps asking me the simplest questions over and over again.

And converting drawings to cad.. Yeah, its not fun.. Microstation J was what I used back when I did that side of things. Now I've switched onto a different program. But yeah.. Like I said, its like riding a bike.. You ride one and you can ride the next.

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I was doing a computer engineering course at tafe for AGES and yeah, i can relate to alot of them lol.

I remember reading this from somewhere.

you're and engineer if: "tech support calls you" rofl