Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
yes u do, just slide the gear to the left and dont push it up or down to activate active select mode. and and its not supposed to kick back, what would be the point.

Gee i should have read the User Manual, but as for the point of an engine kicking back in Auto, try this : get behind a semi trailer at 100kph the put into active select mode and go to 6th gear ( you can also do the same in a manula just select 6th), now try to overtake that semi like that (without notching back on the gears manually). When you have tried that then get back to me about why an auto will kick back to a lower gear when you plant your foot to accelerate.

xoom

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Gee i should have read the User Manual, but as for the point of an engine kicking back in Auto, try this : get behind a semi trailer at 100kph the put into active select mode and go to 6th gear ( you can also do the same in a manula just select 6th), now try to overtake that semi like that (without notching back on the gears manually). When you have tried that then get back to me about why an auto will kick back to a lower gear when you plant your foot to accelerate.

thats what i mean in active select mode, u control the gears so it shouldn't kick down as your in control of the gears. and drive already, the car doesn't go much faster lol

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
thats what i mean in active select mode, u control the gears so it shouldn't kick down as your in control of the gears. and drive already, the car doesn't go much faster lol

Thats right, but in Auto mode it should kick back, i dont use active select on highways now, too scarey if you forget to knock it back a few notches when you overtake them road trains.....but thanks for the tip on Sports Mode, i didnt realise that now i will probably stay in Sports Mode all the time :))

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
My iQ **** itself again the other day and yes, it's been updated. This time i lost all climate controls, steering wheel controls for the radio (trip computer ok), bluetooth didn't work and screen was missing icons etc. All i could do was change tracks and adjust volume, nothing else would work, even the aircon was stuck on.

Got to work, turned car off, back on and the same thing. Left work 8hrs later and all was normal again.

The iQ is a great idea but so badly implemented by the morons at Holden.

nugsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Series II MY12 SV6 Phantom
my12 ve sv6

the passenger window came off its bracket and now only comes up halfway and cant go past.

ve 6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
2009 VE SS 6ltr (AFM) 65100 kms

Noticed a bit of a rattle on start up, didnt think much of it, as it kept getting louder i took it to holden and the cat converter had completly shat itself, they werent going to fix it as it was an ex cop car, but after jumping up and down they ended up replacing it ( a new genuine one was worth over $1000.)

Also the fuel gauge was faulty, the car could be chocker block full and only show 3/4 of a tank. Holden re calibrated it and worked fine ever since.

Some sensor on the exhaust??Well apparently they were broken too.Re placed them under warranty aswell.

The back window de mister didnt work, had it fixed under warranty.

Mind you when i purchased the car, all the above things worked perfectly. Maybe as it was an ex cop car these problems may have been caused by that, not to sure, but all in all its a great car : )

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Probably an O2 sensor mate, happy to hear you got all that worked out.

xxnitroxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss series 2 my 11
Remains to be seen - I need a ute at this stage and I can't stand any others on the market. See what's happening work-wise and what's available when it's time to bin this one.

I asked the question. They said no. a lot.

Hey there, did you contact consumer affairs or anyone in that area?

Bigbadbazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportwagon
Hey guys,

Been lurking for a week or so, picked me up an Omega Sportwagon (MY10, done 15k) last Saturday.

Driving home, got about 3 km's from home and check engine light came on, had it up at the dealer today and they reset the comp, told me it came up with some weird communications errors between various bits around the car.

Driving tonight the bloody check engine warning came back on, guess its another trip to the dealers tomorrow then.....

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Keep on them Bazza, be polite but firm. Hope you have a good dealer.

Oh and welcome :)