Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Youth And The Car Bug

In places like Auckland where boyracers are a problem with circlework and drag racing late at night,

• Turn a blind eye (yeah right)

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Continue to penalise those involved in current ways

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Increase penalties for those involved/caught

• Introduce a 'three strikes your out' scheme

• Take offenders cars/licences for longer, or for good

• Allow limited racing in designated & policed areas

• Provide areas for youth to meet and have fun with cars

• Other - Please describe

• Total voters

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
EDITED.

I did have my say first up origionally, but on second thought I want to hear what everyone else has to say first. Interesting topic...

Mike.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
HEY HEY, here we go again, yet again another controversial topic,

firstly, dont anyone pick on my spelling, i know i cant spell, just leave it at that

me, personaly, i voted, 3 strikes you are out. if you dont learn your lesson the first time, then give someone a second chance, after that, just take the bloody car off them

in qld we have a rule, if you are caught racing or just being a tosser in a car, you lose your car for 48 hrs, police will impound it.
2nd time, it's 3 month's
3rd time, loss of liccence, and permanet lose of car/bike/bus/truck/scooter/boat/plane, what ever you were being silly in

i would love to say give the guy's somewhere to do it, trust me, i realy would, but in all serious of the matter, who is gonna pay for the place? insurance will cause all sort's of problems? and what rules would be set,

that's my thought for the day,

cheers
garth

p.s. the law's i stated before is the new anti hooning law, they can confiscate anyone's car from any state, and impound it. if anyone know's if im wrong with the rules. i.e. do i have no 2 wrong? please correct me, i couldnt remember if it was 3 month's or 72 hrs

P

pip75

You are right Garth it is 3 months. The only thing with them taking licenses away is it doesnt actually stop them driving! The odds of getting caught are pretty slim. The boys in blue are very rarely around where they are needed. I know when the laws first came into play about anti hooning a couple (IN A COMMODORE) got done on the way to there wedding reception, still dressed in gowns and suits they had there care confiscated for 48hrs. Bet that put the best LAID plans to the test.

Love is grand
Love is golden
I was made in
The back of Dad's Holden!!

Pip

QUOTE "Keep smiling ......makes people wonder what you've been doing"

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I'd have to go with the designated area idea, after all theres an area for just about every other interest, hobby, sport etc. So Auckland is a hotspot for this stuff too ? I know last time I was in Christchurch flying out the next day I could'nt sleep for all the hatchback crew revving the f*** out of their cars and attempting burnouts below the hotel window.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
QUOTE (Snowfox @ Feb 3 2004, 03:19 PM) I'd have to go with the designated area idea, after all theres an area for just about every other interest, hobby, sport etc.
Thats true, but Garth is right. Who would pay for it? The boyracers? Hah, not likley, its cheaper to stay out on public roads. Local or Central government would never have a bar of it, and the police are happy to keep taking cars and money. Stalemate. Until private sector steps in, and sets up a block perhaps in an old industrial park (plenty of them around) charging $5 entry, I think the problem will only get worse, and the solutions only get harsher.

Mike.

D

dumpd6

QUOTE (jetspin_vl @ Feb 3 2004, 10:04 PM) the police are happy to keep taking cars and money.
For real do the cops take your car if you get busted running a muck **** that I wouldn’t last 5 minutes with my car then I’m glad I live in S.A then the cops here are hell better I got pulled over for doing at least double the speed limit and they gave me the choice of a $400 odd fine an loss of licence a $190 odd fine an loss of licence for no p plates or a defect

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Indeed, I read a large post on the NZ police website a few weeks ago. Here's an extract...

"If you drive a car in an illegal street race or accelerate in an unnecessary way on a road, or, if you do wheel spins, "donuts" or drive a car on a road in a way that causes the car to loose traction (unless authorised by law):

* You could face 3 months in prison, or fines up to $4,500; and lose your licence for at least 6 months.

* Police may impound your car for 28 days at your expense - effective immediately.

* If you injure or kill someone while doing this, you could go to prison for up to 5 years, or face a fine up to $20,000 and lose your licence for 1 year.
If you pour or spill petrol, oil, diesel fuel, or any other any other slippery substance likely to cause a vehicle to lose traction, onto any road.

You could face an infringement fee of $600, or if it goes to Court, a fine up to $3,000"

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I reckon they should change the rules so they = the law for a firearm. It is a high powered weapon after all you got your ass parked in.