Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

YR 12 Major Project

Ando227

Serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series II Ute
So here's the story. I'm in Year 12, i own a Vn Calais with my P's and i need to design a major project for Design & Tech.

Now I'm allowed to work with wood, metal, fabrics and so on. What i want, is something that i will use every day, something useful and practical right?

Well i decided to spend some time and money on upgrading the audio system in the car. BUT, i need an innervation, a new idea, something that no one else has got and thats the part I'm having problems with.

So any ideas on what to do to the system thats innovative or just any ideas that i could do instead would be greatly appreciated.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Make your own speakers out of soup cans, flexible plastic folders and your own spit. You'll be the next MacGuyver.

Naw, maybe you can just do something trippy with materials if all else fails, if you can't think of anything particularly unusual then just make it look trippy. It depends what extent you want to go to as well, if you're doing a full install of every component, or just speakers or what.

If you have the tools to do it, maybe you could create your own design, have it embossed into a material sub enclosure, maybe speaker grills with your design, otherwise I'm not sure.

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
i have one word for you : practicle make it practicle and dont take up to much boot space

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Yeah, making it practical would be best option, depending on what you use the boot for. If you never need to use it, you can be as impractical as you like. If you need it often, maybe not the best idea. You'll have an advantage though; there's more room for an audio system in a VN Calais than in a kart :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
You'll have an advantage though; there's more room for an audio system in a VN Calais than in a kart :)

yea but in a go kart you can hang stuff off it anywhere :whistling take this thing for example :)

Attachments

• ca2f75a29c.jpg
    ca2f75a29c.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 427

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Some trippy, awesome sub enclosure in the boot. with lights. alotta lights.
I haven't sat in a VN in a very long time, but maybe you could custom make pods for decent size speakers, custom make the grills, etc. would be a start.
maybe look at some of the high end designs on the show cars, maybe get some ideas and inspiration from that?

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
how old is your teacher ?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Some kids in my Year 11 Wood class last year decided to make Sub boxes. The end result was decent however they failed to meet many of the requirements that the education standards are set.

For example you may need to demonstrate usage of specific techniques developed over your entire time in tech studies and with a sub box you will stuggle to use much more and ply/MDF and panel saw and some glue. Piss easy project and resulted in a very poor mark for my students.

Just something to think about.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
also in year 12 tech couple of years ago i think requirements were somethin like it needed a door and a drawer and some other bullshit so check the requirements and post them up here maybe might give everyone a better idea