Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 304 150kw at wheels after tune (UNDERPOWERED)

93 VR SENATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator
I recently bought a 304 reco'd engine with 9thousand k's which has forged flat top pistons, bigger cam with 230@50 with 500 lift, decked, ported heads, ported banana manifold, l67 v6 supercharged 36 pound injectors, cold air intake, full exhaust w/ extractors, standard fuel pump, standard fuel regulator, original 3.08 diff

Once tuned it put out 150rwkw. What is going wrong?

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
What did the work shop tell you?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
Ive done heaps to help this bloke, talking on the phone and he knows he can contact via facebook text or email if i dont answer anytime.
Same goes for anyone.
I put him onto the shop to help him out after he had probs with the previous mechanic.
Yes im annoyed he hasnt called me 1st and posted up without the facts. He may not like it but we did the best we could.
Im more than happy to work through issues with people provided they do the right thing by me.
Too many people do this kind of thing and cost people buisiness thats why i addressed all the problems.
I still havent had a call.
We have had another customer with tuning issues it had a bad fuel pump and bad injectors as car had been sitting around a long time. Same thing one run 149 rwkw the next 126rwkw .
It has now been fixed and touching up the tune this afternoon.
Some cars are great no tuning issues but due to the age and condition of some of these cars i encounter alot of issues that can prevent proper tuning and this is one of those cases.