Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Maximum Power

monaro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hey was wondering what I could do to my VS 3.8L Calais to get maximum power out of it. I've already installed pacemakers and a 2 and a half inch exhaust system on it and have a performance chip which isn't installed yet as i thought i would do that last a get a tune up and tune everything at once. What do you's reckon?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What do you want to pay?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
for ultimate power you'd want a turbo setup. probably $10k minimum on the engine and then you would still need to sort the driveline and transmission + brakes etc

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you have unlimited money, then 4.2L Stroker, tri-charger setup. Then going to need an extremely upgraded gearbox, a strong diff, stronger tailshaft and CV shafts, massive brakes, massive wheels to put power down. Etc, etc,etc.

Sure you would be able to smoke nearly any stock or mildly modded V8, but you probable could have bought a new V8 for the cost. And at the end of the day you probably could of bought a LSX block with LS7 gear, put a turbo setup on that and gone even faster.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Get an SRE engine off eBay or contact them directly they make around 149-169 RWKW depending on extractors and exhaust setup + tune for around $5000 for the engine they can handle up to 10 psi of boost so get a supercharger or turbo and boost it up.

monaro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
haha nar im not going to be pulling 10 grand any time soon. I was looking to spend up to 5000 at the moment. I was looking at a big mouth cold air intake and a bigger throttle body.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
$5000? Could probably throw a V8 in for that.

Otherwise $5000 will get you a Raptor supercharger, you probably aren't going to get much better than that.

MagiTEK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S
+1 for raptor.