Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Exhaust

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
Hi guys
I just got a set of Hurricane sports mufflers and quad tips put on my ute, though its still not loud enough.
The guy who did it told me "if you want it louder, come back and we will cut out the rezonator's. Im thinking of doing this but i was wondering, will this upset the back pressure in the exhaust ?

Do you guys have any ideas on making the exhaust louder?

Here is a link to it.
YouTube - Holden VE SV6 Sports Exhaust
Like can i do something like catback, or now i have the new mufflers do i need to start again to have a catback system?

Any help and info would be great.

Thanks..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you don't want back pressure in a exhaust. it's a total myth. cutting out the resonators may make it drone at certain RPM. there is only one way to find out.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
just a note about exhausts n muffs, the closer to the engine the mufflers, the barkier the note, the closer to the bum, the more soft and refined the note. and any baffle type mufflers with make that breathy chuffing noise when your up it compared to a nice bark from a straight thru pipe.

this is a Stock VX V6 with Lukey 2.5 sports cat back and no rear resi. i love the note!

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
**** man it sounds, alright aye. The pops are mad.
But now I've gotten these new sport mufflers is there a way to go cat back? like can I join on to them?
I just want more noise and rumble.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
my opinion, scrap your current system, if you want a nice bark but still fairly quiet on cruise revs, id put a straight through type muffler(2in/2out) in the center and then just have straight pipes. and if it ends up getting too loud like that then maybe a hotdog on each tip (it should be a twin type system all the way down yea?) based on previous exhaust building experience i think that should sound as clear and barky as its going to get without sounding like an excell with a fart can.

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
mmm i just spent 450 though thats the thing.. my mate got quoted 800 for xforce catback, naybe i should think about that..
i just dont want to waist my money. thats why i was hoping i can bolt something on to my new setup.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
in that case then, a have a couple questions for you. is there a center muffler after the cat? and in the rear muffs, are they straight through units? (can u see thru it? most twin exit muffs are baffled. if you change them to a cannon/hotdog style it will change the note again.

baffles ALWAYS take the crisp edge off the engine note.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
**** man it sounds, alright aye. The pops are mad.
But now I've gotten these new sport mufflers is there a way to go cat back? like can I join on to them?
I just want more noise and rumble.

Just remember mate that is the 3.8 ecotec and they always sound better/deeper then the alloytec