Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger or Turbo for VX...

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
How much would it cost just for a standard supercharger, or even a turbo for my V6 VX.

This topic might've been already but I cant be bothered searching for it

B

blofly

definately cheaper to do a supercharger set up if you can use an STA set up. Both a good turbo set up and an eaton M90 set up would cost very similar and envolve almost as much work as each other. If you were to go a turbocharger set up you would have 30 extra horsepower for every 200 horsepower you make with a supercharger eg if you were to replace a supercharger with a turbocharger on an engine that was making 200 horsepower you would instantly have 230hp well almost instantly, it would still need a slight tune

vzuterus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
A turbo would give better economy but it's too rice

chunderlicious

tight ass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE clubby A6
its all personal opinion, unless its being used for racing/trackwork then whatever you feel like is going to give the best results. and if turbos are rice then the commodore thing is a whole nother story. if you like a blower then you will be happier with the results they will give. if you like a turbo you will be happier with the results they give.

Evan

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
V6VX4U2NV said:
yeah i was just thinking about the rice factor. I'm 95% supercharger, just needed thoughts and opinions.

I agree with Chunderlicious, its really personal choice and what your expectations are as far as performance goes. Both setups seem to have their own following. There are plenty of Supercharged 6's getting around to have a good idea as to what you could expect out of it at the end of the day. Personally I prefer the Turbo even though all the projects Ive seen so far are custom.

Cheers Juliet.

B

blofly

a slightly off topic question but if I were to fit a F.I.T. intercooler set up to my S/C V6 VX would I have any flutter like noises when I backed my foot off the accelerator? like what happens to VL turbos when they have been fitted with an intercooler :whistling

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
You would get the "flutter" noise with a different BOV, the intercooler shouldnt make any difference to the standard blow off noise.

B

blofly

but there is no standard blow off valve noise as standard on a supercharged V6, just supercharger whine up around 3500rpm.....but with VL turbo calais you can fit a front mount intercooler and instantly get a cool fluttering noise when you let off the loud pedal at full boost :w00t: thats what I would like not a big pscheewt screaming noise like some certain cars gettin around with exhaust tips big enough to give birth to a small hawaian dogs :my: