Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is this exhaust any good?

brycevxwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Wagon
Hey Timzo,

Mettams Mufflers in Belmont have quoted me $280 for a cat back 2.5 inch with a straight through muffler, supplied and fitted. Not sure of the quality of product they use though. Personally I wouldnt buy an exhaust over the net, just seems abit dodgy, plus the price difference to have one supplied and fitted by a professional isn't that big.

Hope this helps,
Bryce.

B

big vn

undo the clamp on the rear muffler and take the muffler out. and replace with pipe. makes a diff

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
big vn said:
undo the clamp on the rear muffler and take the muffler out. and replace with pipe. makes a diff

Thats the resonator. If you want to spend the money and get a performance exhaust, i would keep the resonator. The resonator stops that friggin annoying droning while your driving...just get a straight through style resonator that doesnt restrict the exhaust flow

TorquemonsteR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS series 2
thats a rip off. wont do SFA for noise or performance. your local shop should be able to do you a system between $250-$350. or as an alternative, loose the rear muffler in favour of a pipe.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
TorquemonsteR said:
thats a rip off. wont do SFA for noise or performance. your local shop should be able to do you a system between $250-$350. or as an alternative, loose the rear muffler in favour of a pipe.

Yeah a cat-back system...which is exactly what she is talking about :bop:

The rear muffler is a resonator, which stops droning. You're better off getting a cat-back exhaust or a high flow resonator.

TorquemonsteR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS series 2
vn2nv, the picture on ebay shows a rear muffler (no use arguing with me, i own & run my own exhaust shop & been doing so for 14 years), not a cat back system.:hit: :hit: :hit: get some glasses dude:whistling

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
The link on ebay is just a rear muffler and exhaust tips... way over-priced i must add.

If you want to get some note out of your exhaust go for a single 2.5" cat back system with 1 muffler in the middle and a resonator at the back then your exhaust tip. Will cost roughly $250 - $350 depending where you go.

juice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 92
i scored a catback system yesterday from newcastle for 270 including tip (redback same as u find on ebay) it seems alright