Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bigger Throttle Body?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i got a vr v6 auto and i recently installed some ported and polished heads, the cars alaso got pacemaker extractors and 2.5 cat back exhuast, do you think a bigger throttle body will make much difference?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ok thanks, wot is it stock vr thorttle body? like mm, and wot would i be looking at in mm

Adzzaman

Powered By Buick
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
v6 is 60 an v8 is 65, and what kritical said is correct.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
so the 65mm will be noticeable? coz they are a lot cheaper then the 71mm ones :p

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
from what ive read man dont get a 71mm for a VR unless u got big mods. alot of people
have the problem where the car idle way to high, and the walls on the throttle body are too thin and can crack real easy unless there properly made, id stick with the V8 tb if i were u i orderd a 70mm for tha VS apparently a mm make a difference.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
a bigger throttle body should help since you have the ported and polished heads. wheres greenfoam when you need him

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
biggest restriction in the engine is still the valves, get some high ratio roller rockers also with the 70mm TB and replace the standard air box as it doesn't flow very well either. got any pics of the port and polish job you can post?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
immortality said:
biggest restriction in the engine is still the valves, get some high ratio roller rockers also with the 70mm TB and replace the standard air box as it doesn't flow very well either. got any pics of the port and polish job you can post?

i will check for fotos, ii had the stock heads beside the worked ones.. but camera played up and not sure if i can get off the camera. if i can ill post em, so rockers would be the next move you rekon be4 the throttle body??