Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POWER - Real Power

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Well color me pink :w00t: , all you V6 owners have been asking the power question , and the nswer is "NO" ...

In NSW in anyway you can re-fill your NO fo $25 ....

A friend of mine ran NO in his 253VB , and he loved it , the engine was 100% stock ...

You can buy NO , as a 100HP kit or a 200HP kit and a 300HP kit , I would suggest for stock V6 owners buy nothin more than a 100HP kit ...

These start around $800 .... Now I think they may be a no no in victoria , but not sure about NSW ....

Im not sure how to apply NO to Fuel injected cars , but the old carby jobs , had a NO injector plate added between the carby and manifold .....

So for those looking for instant power gains , NO might be the answere ....

:bop:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
NO² is avaliable in 3 setups:
Dry : NO² Gas is sprayed into the air intake. Pro - Cheap setup, Con - Hard to tune
Wet : NO² is mixed with the fuel in the fuel rails and then injected into the engine with the fuel. Best of both worlds.
Direct Port : A stand alone injector is added to squirt the NO² into the block.
Pro - Most power and can be run off a standalone ecu, Con - $$$

Would be a Dry setup for that price not a fan of them really and it cost more then $800, how are you going to meet the fuel requirements when you add NO²??? You need to have a way to add extra fuel when it is activated, etc.
Do a search this ahs been covered before.
AirStrike :air:

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Aheeem

AirStrike said:
NO² is avaliable in 3 setups:
Dry : NO² Gas is sprayed into the air intake. Pro - Cheap setup, Con - Hard to tune
Wet : NO² is mixed with the fuel in the fuel rails and then injected into the engine with the fuel. Best of both worlds.
Direct Port : A stand alone injector is added to squirt the NO² into the block.
Pro - Most power and can be run off a standalone ecu, Con - $$$

Would be a Dry setup for that price not a fan of them really and it cost more then $800, how are you going to meet the fuel requirements when you add NO²??? You need to have a way to add extra fuel when it is activated, etc.
Do a search this ahs been covered before.

I did add a link for Questions & Answers ......

And you dont need to add extra fuel , if you stay stock , and go with a 100HP kit ......

The prices I quoted are from a speed shop in NSW , and there all wet systems , I think ! , there was no mention of DRY .....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
You don't know how it works do you??? The idea is you are craming more air into the system for every 'unit' of NO² there are 2 units of oxygen, which means you can then add more fuel into the mix. If you don't add more fuel it will run way lean and boom.
You will need some way off adding extra fuel, normally by getting a chip written with two different maps on it, or a standalone ecu.

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Hmmmmmm

Im simply going by information provided by supliers etc :

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/GenInfo/InstlReq.html

http://members.aol.com/agspeed/nos.htm

http://www.import-nitrous-oxide-systems.com/nos_nitrous_systems.html

So as long as your NOS is not too much for the engine , no mods or upgrades are needed ......

Again going by the experts , once the engines abilities are exceeded , then upgrading the ignition - fuel - exhaust - internals etc will be needed ...

But Not Till You Do So ! Stay within the engines abilities to handle NOS , and you can run NOS on a 100% Stock engine ......

Again I did supply a link that explained it all ... So get the hell of my Back ...

Matt

1uzVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GXP Maloo A6 317kw
Nitrous V6

i have installed a NOS kit on my stock VN v6 it has been rebuilt stock about 20,000k's ago so it is still pritty fresh
i ran the 75hp jets in it and it went very well. was as quick as mates 200kw sv5000 vn now i have got bigger jets in it around the 160hp mark and it does go heaps harder the 205 on the back arn't going to last long can smoke em from just planting it at 50k's
my guess is that it has ~ 330hp on the bottle
170hp off the bottle
i have the NOS 4 & 6 cyl kit it cost me $900 and i fitted it in under 2 hours
it comes with everything you need to get it going except gas in the bottle
i am going to get a dyno next week so i will post my dyno sheet up when i do
and ill be at calder in the next month or so. im hoping to cut a low 13
i have a 4.11 LSD to go in and my auto has a stage 2 shift kit

the best bang for buck
i wouldn't run over a 100hp shot if you want a reliable setup but the v6 is coming out in a few months for a 1uz v8 so i dont care to much if it blows

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
MattK said:
And you dont need to add extra fuel , if you stay stock , and go with a 100HP kit ......
Sorry, but unless you want to melt your pistons, ANY amount of nitrous needs more FUEL to keep the mixtures at a safe level.

If you simply add nitrous, and don't add fuel, the mixtures will be extremely lean - and these lean mixtures cause massive heat & load in the engine - literally oxy-cutting out the exhaust valve seat & melting holes in pistons.

1uzVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GXP Maloo A6 317kw
thats right even a dry shot adds extra fuel not from the NOS jet like the wet setup like mine but your injectors need to supply the fuel. raise fuel pressure ect

you dont want to go any leaner than about 12:1 on full noise with the nitrous
thats is the main reason im getting mine put on the dyno so they can check it with a Wide band Air fuel guage