Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

catalytic converter

vrfireman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina series 2
was told at a muffler shop that , by removing the cat, it would give you about the same power increase as fitting headers, but a fraction of the cost. your thoughts on this..

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
...and also make your exhaust system entirely illegal.

So by all means, go for it.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
was told at a muffler shop that , by removing the cat, it would give you about the same power increase as fitting headers, but a fraction of the cost. your thoughts on this..
bang all the stuff out the cat that will work, illegal yes but better than removing it

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
bang all the stuff out the cat that will work, illegal yes but better than removing it

You guys obviously don't care about either the law, the environment, or other people. Do you?

Catalytic converters are there for a REASON.

Don't be a tight-ass and do a PROPER job and get extractors installed.

Sheesh.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
You guys obviously don't care about either the law, the environment, or other people. Do you?

Catalytic converters are there for a REASON.

Don't be a tight-ass and do a PROPER job and get extractors installed.

Sheesh.
i dont agree with it but if someone wants to do thats up to them, just answering a question. sheeeeesh:p

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Yeah, but the one's here with half a brain shouldn't be encouraging him to do it.

We should be talking him into not doing it.

Sorry.

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
Power increases in V6 Commodores are minimal when it comes to things like that. You could also get a high-flow cat if you really wanted to but again not much point really.

As said, highly illegal, massive fines and jailtime are more than likely, plus you would be further rooting the environment more than it already is.

Don't do it.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Yeah, but the one's here with half a brain shouldn't be encouraging him to do it.

We should be talking him into not doing it.

Sorry.
well i thought that all the above people are, buy telling him its illegal i have heard u can get really big fine for empty cats and no cats, can anyone confirm that?

i done it on my old vl lasted a week then i put it back on was really droney used heaps more fuel,but there was a bigger kick back, but i don't recommend doing it, but its up to u

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
luckily for us we don't have to have cats here and all of my cars or my works cars have cats have been removed, doesn't do much little bit different in sound and sweet f.a power