Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs maf flow verses frequency

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
we are just tuning a v6 vs with twin throttlebodys and want to swap the maf over into one intake going to one throttle body so we can run 2 pod filters and intakes im wondering if maf frequency is directly proportionate to flow .im wondering if doubling the grms per second vs frequency in the maf tables will work to get it in a rough area for further tuning

MACE

Reaction score
Hey delcowizzid,

i can't remember if they are, but I would recommend you run a balance pipe between the two pipes to insure that you get equal volume flow rate between the two such that MAF signal will still be accurate even if the filters get blocked etc.

Cheers
Steve

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
chears mace might just have to try and see .we had it running mafless off the backup tables with the maf error codes turned off but it was too lean .running both T/B's into maf at the moment but the guy wants to go twin pods so have to figure a way round it

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Doubling everything should work, but it's going to favour the throttle with no maf on it a bit so it might still need some adjusting

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cheers greenfoam i was going to put the maf on the T/B with the iac in it too and maybe put a second maf in other pipe for even flow but meh probably not to much of a biggy. so you think doubling the grams a second of the 8 maf tables that are grams a second vs hz should be enough to get it ready to do some finer tuning have efilive pro for logging maf hz and fuel trims.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah I can't see why not, they are just in grams per second, has to work :), I did a tune for a VT 5 litre the other day, he wanted the cruise 10% leaner (has a wide band) I've got no clue where the lean cruise section of the tune is so I just guestamated how many cfm/grams per second a 5 litre would use at cruise and took 10% off the maf tables:p in that area don't know if the plan worked or not yet but will soon

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
im wondering what the second axis is on the fuel ratio table and spark tables and other tables rpm vs hz or rpm vs grms a second im hoping grams a second so it doesnt loose resolution anywhere

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't have access to the VS kalmaker so I really don't have much of an idea on most of the VS tables. Luckly they seem to keep a nice fuel curve on the MAF alone :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
any idea on what address in the bin the mysterious backup fuel table is wouldnt mind try to richen up the mafless tune we were running scored a heap of vs bins yesterday you need any ive just been defining some more tables in the 728 xdf off SC