Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Hidden twin turbo setup on 215i Grange?

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Hey guys i have all my issues with the car sorted out. Im going to be looking at a rebuild of the engine. I want to make it stonger for boost, thing is, i dont want 2 snails in the top of my engine bay. As soon as the cops see that its bye bye.

I have seen setups where they are mounted near where the extractors are dumped. Can anyone point me in the direction on where i can get this done. The car has heaps of bottom end, just needs more top end hence the turbos.

Help please?

Something like this but for 5L's

30568340256_large.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't know that you will find enough room to run that set on a 5 litre based car man, there's next to no room under them

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
not only is the 68 degree LS engine a lot narrower than the 90 degree holden V8 which means you can do the mods in the pic, but dude... you really want your waste gates that exposed to the ground? they wont last a week if its a dialy driver. one steep driveway, or one errant rock and itll be bleeding all your precious boost out.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
not only is the 68 degree LS engine a lot narrower than the 90 degree holden V8 which means you can do the mods in the pic, but dude... you really want your waste gates that exposed to the ground? they wont last a week if its a dialy driver. one steep driveway, or one errant rock and itll be bleeding all your precious boost out.

Look in street commodores, there has been a few of them done. If nothing is hanging lower than the tranny i dont see how it will be a problem.

My car isnt "dumped" like every other statesman you see every where so most curbs arnt a problem for me. if worse came to worse i could just get bags.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've spent alot of time under these things and I really don't think you can hang 2 turbos in that spot, at least not on the drivers side, you have the rack and fuel lines on that rail all very close to where you want to go, you also have onthe other side the starter which takes alot of room. You might have room where the rear mufflers hang, you could probably with a bit of sheet metal work get more room there

v8_bomberdore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp 5L
i agree with greenfoam, it realy comes down to the size of the engine , and the 5L is just to big , i just fitted a gt35r on my 5L in the engine bay and there was only just enough room to make it fit with out chopping the car appart, just remember the turbo has oil and water lines , a oil return line , a air intake and a intercooler pipe going to it and a dump pipe , very hard to fit everything in such a small place , u may be able to fit some realy small turbos , but then they wont work with such a big motor, just do a single turbo job , mod the passenger inner guard the same as the drivers side where the battery is , u could mount a turbo in there and u could keep it hidden with some type of shield or alloy sheet