Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My brand new vn turbo v8

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
hey thort i would show you all my new turbo v8 i brought it and am just finishing it off getting it certd shortly after i install a new lsd 9" and plumb the twin wastegates back in the car has 337 kw its a 5L v8 got a wasted spark setup has a massive custom plenum and custom throttle body 60lber Siemens injectors high performance fuel pressure regulator
tuned lenth manifolds a big hx50 turbo boosting 7 psi on half throttle and 13psi on full throttle
running twin 38mm turbosmart wastegates a 50mm turbosmart bov a big intercooler a 700 buck alloy radiator all a big trans cooler a big 3" exhaust and all controlled buy a link g3 ecu has a turbo 400 trans with a turbo 350 torque converter for higher stall and a single piece driveshaft into a 9" minispooled diff turbo starts spooling at 2500 and is pinning you in the seat at 3000rpm frys the tyres at 100km and drifts out while overtaking at 120km all sitting in a vn body here are some pics

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419-1.jpg

IMG_0420-1.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0426-1.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0444-1.jpg

oil filter relocation kit and turbo cam

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0440-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
Tis a beast!

Sheany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S SuperCharged
Very nice... now clean the engine bay :D
How is it to drive?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
from what i hear it overtakes cars sideways :D

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
wasted spark with duel igniters (on the firewall) run off the aftermarket link ecu you can do the same with cadilac northstar DFI ignition module for the 304 on the stock ecu if you ever desire seperate coils dont know how its being triggered i presume from the hall effect sensor in the dizzy

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Whats the benefit of having so much spark?

The manifold is interesting, I bet she goes like a scolded cat, nice pickup!

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
cheers for that and i will definatly clean it the car is a monster aye but can still be improved alot with the tune so look of for alot more power shortly

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
hope you never need to alter the dizzy timing :)

the LINK will trigger off the dizzy but LINK make there own custom igniters so you can setup any ignition system you like. the LINK really is a good system. i run a earlier version in the VH. lots of boost means you need to close the spark plug gap otherwise under boost the spark gets "blown out" so to speak but with small plug gaps you loose some off boost performance. with a real strong ignition system you will be able to maintain a decent spark plug gap and still ignite the fire under boost :D