Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Engine Builders In Adelaide?

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
Hey all,

I have recently bought a cam & few other bits and pieces to go with into my vs ss,
I have my usual mechanic but i have my doubts in him as he doesnt seem to keen to actually do the install. I would rather send my car to someone who knows what theyre doing & are happy to do it. Anyone know where i can get a cam/ lifters etc done in adelaide for a good price?

Cheers,
Frank

smelty304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5L
There is a couple of places im pretty sure in lonsdale,.

theirs heindrich performance that does cams lifters and such and their pretty good on price.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
There is a couple of places im pretty sure in lonsdale,.

theirs heinrich performance that does cams lifters and such and their pretty good on price.
fixed the spelling for you

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that. Will be ringing them up on Monday. Just for curiousities sake. Roughly how long would a cam take to install? And would Anyone have an estimated price for it?

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
thanks for that. Will be ringing them up on Monday. Just for curiousities sake. Roughly how long would a cam take to install? And would Anyone have an estimated price for it?

a workshop should be able to do it in a day or two, no idea how much it will cost you. let me know how much it costs though as i may upgrade my cam depending on $$

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
see Thats what i meant about my mechanic not being too keen. He told me i would be looking upto a week minimum just to put the cam & lifters in. Not like hes flat out. Hard to find decent mechanics anywhere. Will be ringing the place you mentione & will post the price and details.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
a workshop should be able to do it in a day or two, no idea how much it will cost you. let me know how much it costs though as i may upgrade my cam depending on $$

I rang up and got a rough price. Bruce said roughly 300 to 500 to install cam/lifters. Thats without the parts. And then another 500 for dyno and a tune to suit

smelty304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5L
How much was it all up and what were the specs on the cam?

want to know cos i want a simillar setup on my car :D

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
How much was it all up and what were the specs on the cam?

want to know cos i want a simillar setup on my car :D

well He wasnt 100% sure on the parts ie; Manifold gasket etc. butt he said from $300/500 plus if you want it tuned sweet its $495 ( thats a decent tune & Dyno'd )

Soo say it costs $500 & parts are another $150 & you get the tune = all up its $1145 to install the cam & lifters with a tune! Should take day & half/two days max..

I was right about my mechanic anyway, he was gonna f*ck me around. He told me it would take bit longer than a week because i had to take the engine out to put cam in
Plus something crazy like 700/800 just to install cam/lifters.. what a joke...

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
well He wasnt 100% sure on the parts ie; Manifold gasket etc. butt he said from $300/500 plus if you want it tuned sweet its $495 ( thats a decent tune & Dyno'd )

Soo say it costs $500 & parts are another $150 & you get the tune = all up its $1145 to install the cam & lifters with a tune! Should take day & half/two days max...

that sounds fairly decent =)