Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore Cup mods?

ow2839

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 4.2L auto
Does anyone know which mods were made to the 253's they used to run in the old Commodore Cup series?

I've just picked up an ultra clean VH SL/E (shadowtone maroon) 4.2 auto sedan, one owner. In the past i've had stove hot 308's etc, but would like to keep this thing as pristine as possible, while making it different and subtle:thumbsup:

I realise I'll get more mumbo by transplanting a 5ltr, but where's the challenge in that?

Besides, those cars supposedly had around 300 flywheel horses, which would be just about perfect for the cruising I have planned. :dance: :w00t: :dance:

ow2839

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 4.2L auto
OOoops...!

Just surfed around and found out that Commodore Cup is still running(!) What a goose am I!!:D

I found the CAMS specifications, and now want to know if anyone has ever seen the dyno results for one of these engines?

Any takers?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
why not google some of the teams that run in commodore cup, chances are one will have a site with some sort of info on there cars specs etc

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Deep in my mind I seem to remember that they made 300hp at the flywheel there is nothing fancy about them, just a decent 253, I have the specs on the engines somewhere but it sounds like you've allready found it

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
i can ell u the specs to get something like mine.254 rwhp.out of a 253.makes for serious fun with a 4 speed and3.55 gears!