Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pavtek engines

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
hey guys im tossing up buying a 355 for the clubby, i was looking on the Pavtek website at this one: Pavtek Website - 355 Holden VN Silver Accelerator Long Engine (440 HP) the compression ratio is my main concern as i dont think it will be suitable for a blown application also changing the pistons to forgies.

any feedback on these guys help me choose...

cheers Dave

P

Pav

I was also considering that EXACT same engine, cos I think it might be cheaper than doing a stroker kit. 440hp is nice for a $5600 assembled motor with heads done as well.

You would have to change the manifold to actually achieve the 440hp power level though. If I got this engine I would look into getting a dual plane manifold cos apparently thats a really good manifold for strokers plus its cheaper than something like a C.O.M.E ttb.

I also would like to get mine blown at some stage, so couldn't you just swap their pistons for some 9:1 forgies and be done?? Or do the heads need to be changed?

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
pavtek did that package for me.

i gotta admit, i was very impressed with the work they did. everythin was spot on perfect. only thing i was very disappointed with was the service.

running in computer is the biggest headache of my life (being a '98 model engine aka VT 5lt that came outta a VS S3) things are different so the tune isnt proper like my engine light stays on along with front aircon fan.

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
yeh ive heard nothin but positive feedback about them, they are around the corner from me so ill talk to them about compression ratios etc.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
pavtek did that package for me.

i gotta admit, i was very impressed with the work they did. everythin was spot on perfect. only thing i was very disappointed with was the service.

running in computer is the biggest headache of my life (being a '98 model engine aka VT 5lt that came outta a VS S3) things are different so the tune isnt proper like my engine light stays on along with front aircon fan.

Engine light on and fan on means the tune is NOT running at all. You will be very suprised with the power increase if you get that fixed :)

P

Pav

Engine light on and fan on means the tune is NOT running at all. You will be very suprised with the power increase if you get that fixed :)

Lol, hope that hasn't been like that for long, woulda sucked running around in limp home mode thinking thats all the power the engine could make :p

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Engine seems to be alright i guess,there are plenty of builders out there shop around my comp is set at 9.9 for my 355.