Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pavtek engines

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Do Pavtek engines have a good reputation? I was looking at a long engine they do for 11.5k and makes 506rwhp. Doing the sums, this is good for aroujnd 285rwkw and a high 10 or low 11. Once I sell the engine ive got, i should only be out of pocket around 7-8 grand. Unless you have to change over your engine. It comes with forgies, h beams and girdle, so should take nos nicely aswell. What do you fellers think? I think it sounds like a winner, but if they dont have a god rep, then it may not be a good deal.

Cheers for any replies

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
11.5k is a bucket load of money to get such a low powered engine.

Rep wise, afaik they do excellent work.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
they are a great mob. built my engine, and they did everythin i could ask for. i've pulled some great power figures from my engine with the standard manifold. pavtek have a great rep around melbourne for doing quality work and easy to talk to guys.

have to agree with minux about the 11.5k engine tho. that should be making320-340rwkw with that much cash thrown at it. but then again its all quality parts to suit nos running through it.

have a look at the pics of when i first picked up my engine.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/67373-97-caprice-shygmh.html

hope this helps

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I was looking at a long engine they do for 11.5k and makes 506rwhp. Doing the sums, this is good for aroujnd 285rwkw

506rwHp is not 285rwKw. It is ~377rwKw. Unless you meant flywheel horsepower?

have to agree with minux about the 11.5k engine tho. that should be making320-340rwkw with that much cash thrown at it.

If he meant what he said, 506rwHp, then it's making a good amount above that. If he meant 506fwHp, then yeah that's a bit gutless.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^ correct sorry. i just read 285rwkw. think he means 385rwkw or there abouts.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Fair enough, makes sense.

To the OP: PAVTEK build the engines for the Lammatina Top Fuel Racing team. Presumably if you can build an engine good enough to be used by a team that needs strength aqnd power above all else, you would think that they do some decent work. I've heard nothing but good about them, anyway :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's flywheel horsepower and yes they build good engines. But as if anyone can make a 506 rwhp Holden V8 on mass for public sale :p that's just being ridiculous

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Been on the fone with pavtek today and they said that they do your engine once youve sent it ot them. The engine does make a touch over 500fwkw which on a mainline would make around 285-290rwkw. On Shootout mode on dd they make 315rwkw. A bloke put 1 in his vn and ran a 10.8 NA. It does sound like a fair bit of cash, and i know i could supercharge what ive got for a bit cheaper, but i liked the idea of a tough fresh NA motor. To everyone else that commented about their workmanship, thanks for the feedback

calaiscruzer

I drink beer, and I vote!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Atlas Grey VN SS
So its basically a change over basis.
Does this include tuning + engine install (drive in + drive out)? im guessing not..

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
pavtek dont work in engine bays. they just want basically block, heads, manifold.