Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thirsty VB - 1979

SHU-11Y

Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 VB & '06 STi
Hi Guys

I have just taken delivery of this glorious '79 VB Commodore SL. Straight six, auto. My grandfather bought this car when it rolled off the factory floor so its been in the family ever since and Im chuffed now to call it mine. I know the full history of the car and whilst it has a few dings, it has never been in an accident. At the moment it is pretty ruff all around ie body, engine, transmition, interior. Im no mechanic or pannel beater so Im going to have to get some help to bring it upto mint condition. I haven't decided just yet which way I will go with it. I will keep it as a daily cruiser and maybe make it look like a custom streeter or I might keep it looking stock.

_DSC0835.jpg

_DSC0840.jpg

Can anyone shed some light on what sort of wheels these are? I don't ever recall seeing them on another commo before.

_DSC0846.jpg

_DSC0811.jpg

This is the original sticker from the dealership my grandfather bought the car from back in '79, Tony Packard Holden. This dealer was big back then. They ran
TV commercials where Tony Packard use to say 'Let me do it right for you'. If you don't remember ask your parents

_DSC0838.jpg

_DSC0847-1.jpg

Some of you might remember my previous Commo, '97 VS V6 Manual. I called it White Noise
I had this car for over 10 years until a chick in a Festiva ran into me...

shuIout.jpg

shuIrear.jpg

shuInterior.jpg

Last edited:

SHU-11Y

Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 VB & '06 STi
IMG_0200.jpg
spent some time taking the tint off and cleaning up the car

IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg

I couldn't see the driver side rear view mirror because of the tint and frosted up weathersheald... gone & gone
So many things to fix or replace. As can see the carpet needs to go. The drivers seat doesn't recline. The drivers door doesn't line up. Just about all rubbers need replacing. No dash or interior light. The roof lining is falling. The radio works fine if you like listening to 2GB. Im just scraping the surface I haven't mentioned the engine, transmission or body. In time I will bring it up like new

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
best of luck with your beast :beer chug: should look mint if your vs is anything to go by
btw what spolier is that?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

commodorev6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais V6
This would look awesome once completed. In original condition it would look nice. And the VS looked spectacular. The interior looked awesome.