Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kempy's VH SL/E 355i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
hey all thought it was about time i chucked up a thread of the project im working on its a 1982 dark blue VH SL/E. it originally had a 202 trimatic in it but i quickly pulled that out to make way for a injected 355 . the body is straight and the paint is fairly neat as it has had a respray some time before i bought it.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

i cant find the pics i took of her before i started pulling it apart so this is all i got.

pic3.jpg

here is the mighty 202 blue motor hahah

pic4.jpg

here is the best power mod ya can do for a 202

pic6.jpg

before shot of the engine bay

pic7.jpg

just a during shot of some of the smoothing ive done

pic8.jpg

at some stage the battery was leaking a lot and done some serious corroding to the radiator support area.

pic5.jpg

and here is the stroker 355. scat crank and rods with hypertec pistons

stay tuned ill put some more up tonight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah flogged it off for a couple of cartons ... It was very tired and the sle fuel flow sensor didnt work

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey all found some more pics

as i was saying there was a lot of acid corrosion around the battery area and also the radiator support and bumper support area. pretty much just looked like swiss cheese.
pic9.jpg

this sort of work is new to me but the best way for me to learn is to just jump right in and give it a go so i cut the old section out and measured it up and fabricated a new piece to replace it.
pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

it turned out better then i thought i could get it and with a coat of under body stone guard ya cant even notice it.
pic12.jpg

next step was to get it blasted and put in etch primer.
pic14.jpg

but one i got it back i wasnt happy leaving that factory dent that is on the right hand side in front of the tower so the sheet metal and welder came out again. now im pretty happy with the results.
pic15.jpg

so now i have started doing the bondo work and its coming up a treat but once again ive never done this type of work before so progress is slow with a lot of sanding and 90% of the bondo ending up as powder on the floor hahah

and here is my little side kick he is useless at welding but he's good to have around
pic13.jpg

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
I'm doin the same. Just got another Vh SLE body and goin hard at it doin the body. Stripped everything out of it ( i mean everything) except the wiring. Gota replace the upper cowl and rear beaver panel cause there rusted out then smooth the engine bay. It's white but going for a darkish candy apple red. Keep the photos comin.

Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
there's nothing sexier then candy apple red... im going traditional with mine blue over silver. the blue will be impulse blue from the VZ commodores and quick silver from the VX i think. ya might not have to get the whole panels replaced as the rust is normally only small but looks bad on the surface. ive got a few spots in the same places but im just gonna try and blast them out and TIG them up if i can saves replacing a whole panel.

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
The beaver I'm just gona cut out whr the rust is but the upper cowl im gona replace cause it's fuct. Rusted rite along the bottom and started going up both sides of the front windscreen about 3-4 inches. Big job that one lol.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah yeah that sounds like a big job... you going to tackle it yourself or get a panel shop to do it

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
My mates a welder for 15 years so we gona do most of it then let the panel bloke finish it. I'll smooth the engine bay and sand the car. It's pretty str8. My floor where the drivers seat bolts down is cracked. I heard some whr along the line it's common and Holden will still repair it. Have to check that out. Iv got some photos of how I got it and whr in at now. Will start a thread like this and keep people updated soon. Good luck with urs.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
Very nice

────────────────────░███░
───────────────────░█░░░█░
──────────────────░█░░░░░█░
─────────────────░█░░░░░█░
──────────░░░───░█░░░░░░█░
─────────░███░──░█░░░░░█░
───────░██░░░██░█░░░░░█░