Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs diff

bjwynd

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sl
will a 3.07 lsd diff from a vs ute fit into my vb commodore sedan i had a 3.08 sulsbury diff givin to me but it is mising an axle and im having a hard time finding one

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Nupe, won't fit.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
what lsd diffs do fit easily into a vb sedan? i know the vl turbo diffs do but they are fairly expensive at the moment and dont they require a tailshaft change as well?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
yeh vl turbo do, they require the VL rear half to a vb-vk v8 front half or if its a 6cyl a VK 6cyl rear half shaft from an 85 model with a borgwarner diff will work, as the center CV joints are different diameter. VL CV's are the same as earlier model V8 ones so bolt together. And 6cyl's require a late model VK rear shaft to work as they have the correct sized CV to suit the 6 cyl front half and the correct flange to suit the diff.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
ok thanks for that, so is that the easiest option for fitting an lsd to a vb-vk?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Pretty much, if you can find a good one. Else you you can get an LSD Salisbury from VB-early VK but also good luck with finding a good one at a good price.