Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo 350 trans help

subbie313

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 Vt commodore , 84 Vk 308 commodore
Hey all..
Im knee deep in a engine rebuild on my 308 vk. Found out the block i had was stuffed so i got a new block. its a mint standard new block which im gona bore out to 60 thou..anyway
problem is that my trans is a turbo 350 and the new block ive got is standard holden stud pattern.
Im thinkn about getn one of them adaptor plates but im unsure about them.. ie does ur driveshaft have to be shortend or is there any problem that may go with these plates??
other option is find a chev trans stud pattern block which are hard to find round these ways
any help would be awsome!!
cheers

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
I had a similar issue recently but found a mob in Melbourne who to a rebuild T350 with a Trimatic pattern. Haven't got the motor going yet so I don't know how good their work is. I picked one up from Tranzco. They have an eBay store as well. Could be an option.

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
Mint standard block such a waste going 60 over when they are getting harder to find with standard bore but its your block i would how ever get it drilled over having and adaptor plate.