Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cigarette Lighter working

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Hey guys and girls

This seems like it is a relatvely simple problem, my VK Commodore Berlina's cigarette lighter doesn't work. I recently got a small neon and a glowing thingy as a birthday present, but when I plugged them into the cigarette lighter and switched it to on, I was very disappointed to have nothing happen. I was with dad at the time, and he checked the fuse box and the cigarette lighter/windshield wiper fuse. The windshield wipers work fine, and dad said there isn't anything wrong with the fuse. I need some ideas on what else could be causing the problem, and how I could possibly fix it.

I did do a search in this forum for cigarette lighter, which returned nothing, so if there is already a post like this, that person obviously can't spell right.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

VKNutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK Berlina
hey dude...

I had this exact problem with my baby... Only I was using it to light a smoke... I don't understand the hype about neons really... but hey thats just me...

anyhoo, I found the problem to be the contacts in the chamber. If you look inside, there are two prong things (don't know what they are called) and they are easily bent too far back and not making contact with the device you are trying to plug in. just bend them back in towards the centre and see if that works.

If it doesn't, it could be the conection at the back of the lighter. it is pretty simple to check, the chamber simply unscrews from the facia and the wiring is connected onto what can only be described as a screw. Make sure that it is connected properly and not corroded at all and spray it with some electrical lube (air based aerosol, able to be bought from any hardware or electrical store), clean it with a wire brush and re-connect it. screw it back in and see how that goes.

good luck

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I tell you what, that was a quick reply. Cheers. I will have a look at it tomorrow and let you know how it is. Cheers again