Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH headliner removal

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Just wondering if anyone knows how to remove a headliner from a VH Commodore.

Cheers,
Danny

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I know how to do it, you can't rush though this either.
Step 1. Remove the front, rear windscreens and door pinch welds.
Step 2. Once all of these are removed, CAREFULLY pull the headliing away from the front, rear windscreens and above the doors, where its glued on.
Step 3. Now work your way from the back of the car to the front, pull the listing wires towards the back of the car. In turn this will make the wire sag the worng way of the roof shape. I think there is 4 of these.
Step 4. Once all of these are pulled off there clips, pull the ends, again CAREFULLY, off there retainers. Once all are done, the headlinning is out.
Now this is for vinyl headlinning, with velour, be extra carefull, it can rip easy

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
To replace it properly, front & rear screen out, front & rear seat belt bolts removed, pinchwelds removed, then just start pealing it away.

cheers
Scott

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Thx for the help guys. Only thing there I'm confused with is pinch welds. What are they?

I have the front and back windows out already coz I'm giving it a full body respray.

The only reason I wanna remove the headliner is coz it's torn at the back passenger side. It's not a massive rip, it was just pissing me off haha. But I think I'll just use some spray on adhesive and see if I can glue it down so it doesn't flap around. Might be better then chasing down another headliner like mine and swapping them haha.

Also, do yous know if front VS commy springs will fit into the front of my VH? If they do, will they lift it up more or will it be normal. I've got my eyes on some which are 1.5" lowered so if I put them in will it actually be lowered or normal height coz there more heavy duty?

Cheers,
Danny

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Pinchwelds are the bit of plastic thats around the door opening, usually the same colour as the interior.

I reckon your better off getting another headlinner. Once its ripped, it will stand out like dogs nuts.

As for VS springs, not quite sure if they fit on a VB-VP front struts. I suppose you could try and find out for yourself, and tell us if they fit.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Well I'll see wat I can get a headliner for, then I'll have a think about doing it. As for the springs, I would try myself but I haven't bought them yet. I sorta wanted to find out b4 I buy them haha.

Cheers for ya help mate! :D

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
I did my headlining for under $200. This is the guy who did it was fantastic - helpful - and answered every imaginable question.

Got it made in a custom colour with the material of my choice (he sent me out a few samples) and had it made up and waiting at my door within a few days.

A bit of work fitting it - you'll need a tin of Kwik Grip or similar and a paintbrush (and a shitload of bulldog clips will help heaps too!)

Worth it for the result - check him out: http://home.iprimus.com.au/boomfunk/

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
it you don't want the headliner why not just rip if off the roof with force? it Would be easier than pulling it off inch by inch