Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible fuel tank prob

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
today i went to fill up the vc ( it had just under 3/4 but i thought i may as well fill it ) and it came to $28 which i thought was a bit more than i tought it should be, i go pay and when i come out my car dumped about 5L of fuel and it was coming out the r/h side of the fuel tank, it eventully stopped so im wondering whether this is normal or not cos my old 202 vc never did this once.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
You have a classic commodore problem with an easy fix:). There are rubber hoses attached to your fuel tank, basically the rubber hoses perish and fall appart.

I have a how to on my site with diagrams.

Bad news is you need to pull the tank out to fix it. I suggest you run your tank pretty low then pull the tank out to fix the hoses.

cheers
Scott

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
if i dont fill it completly will it be ok or will it do it from now on?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If you dont fill it full like 3/4 of a tank should see it not do it, unless your cornering hard around left hand bends and it might still drop fuel.
The breather hoses have fallen appart it will continue to do it from now on with a full tank.

Its an easy enough job to fix yourself, have a look at my guide.

cheers
Scott

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
i will get it done just wanted to know as im cruising this weekend and dont have time till next weekend.

cheers!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
When I bought my VH nearly 3 years ago the prevoius owner told me that the hoses needed replacing coz it leaked a bit when it was near full..........was like it until about 8-10 months ago when i got a crack in my fuel tank and it needed replacing. Funny story that actually, I just chucked my extractors on and I needed to get the rest of the zorst welded up, so I drove it to my uncles place which lives in a small town about 30 mins away...most of that is highway driving, and as the zorst was straight out of the extractors it was pretty loud.....it also backfired alot when i was slowing down....when I got to my uncles place and chucked it up on the hoist we saw the fuel leak....lucky she didn't ignite from the backfiring haha.....I just chucked soap on it tho coz the next day I had a cruise to go on with a club im in, so we took a bar of soap the next day and every stop we chucked more soap on haha.