Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting rear window strips on vk calias?

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
Put my new rear window into my vk calias today but having problems getting the black strip thing to go into the seal. I spayed the seal with some wd40 and tryed to knock it in with a soft hammer but no go. Anyone got any tips for me?

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
this is what im talking about
The strips sitting on the boot
strip.jpg

The groove that it SHOULD push into
rubber.jpg

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Hmmm i first seen this the other day, had me wondering if you had the right windscreen rubber. But now you have pics, it looks like its the right one.
Can the Black window locking strip be taken apart at all?. If so take it about and try putting it back on.

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
Hmmm i first seen this the other day, had me wondering if you had the right windscreen rubber. But now you have pics, it looks like its the right one.
Can the Black window locking strip be taken apart at all?. If so take it about and try putting it back on.

yea i dont think that taking the strip apart would really help i cant even get a corner to go in they didnt come out all that easy either there must be a trick to getting it in

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Not 100% sure, but the black strip which needs to go in, well that comes apart. Put it all in seperately, maybe there's a tool to help, not sure tho. I need to do mine when I paint my car coz the front and back windows will be coming out, but at work we have a window guy there that replaces windows so im hoping he can help me do mine lol :p

Maybe if u go to a windscreen place they might be able to help u.

jpetrou

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL EFI/ Monaro CV8
Hate to tell you the bad news, the metal mouldings around the front and rear windscreen are different to the others with the "fake chrome" plastic inserts.(approx 1 cm wide). The metal mouldings on the VC/VH SLE and VK Calais must be assembled prior to installation of the window to the body work. The mouldings and corner connecting parts lock into the rubber once the window and rubber is seated into the body. REF GMH VC service manual supplement m38366.