Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT interior into VH

NiiCk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E
hey everyone, was just wondering what you all thought about putting a VT interior into my VH?? i already have the interior coz my bro gave it to me when he changed his :D I'm pretty dead set that im gna put it in but was just wondering what other peoples opinions are coz my bro thinks i shouldnt...

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
yeh do it , the back seat wont be much chop though? how ya gunna do that?

NiiCk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E
we have taken off the material on the VT back seat and we're going to get it re-fitted onto the old VH seat for the bottom peice. with the back part of the VT seat we can fit the 2 side peices but the middle peice we're gonna have to get a custom peice cut and trimmed too.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
will the doortrims fit? i thought they were different shape..

NiiCk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E
nah they wont fit :( I'll just have to keep them the way they are for now...it shuldnt look too bad though coz the door trims in it are blue and the vt seats are grey and have a bit of blue pattern in them so it wont be too miss-matched, i'll take some pics when i get my camera back coz my sister in law has it now.

robbo10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK/SL 3.3l AUTO SED.
So where's the piccies, we wanna see what yoov done. Hope it wazn't too much ov a mind bender doing what you did.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Why are you cutting seats etc...

VN-VS seats fit VH's...

VT-VZ Seats fit VN-VS with slight mods.. The base you should of just put the VH metal frame on the vt seat foam!
And the top its an easy mod to get all 3 to fit together, It just makes the centre fold down bit a little tight. I've seen a VL with VZ seats... VL & VH seats = 100% same frame... And all they did was what I said...

Cheers
MaT

vh_v8

Reaction score
will it suit it though?
you'll have smooth vt seats and maybe doortrims but then you'll have that fantastic 80s dash :D
should be a bit more comfortable though.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
give the dash a makeover, take it all out, get some VHT vinyl dye A nice charcoal to match the seats. come up nice i rekon.

Cheers
MaT