Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Commodore Berlina - My First Car - What mods?

kurtbarker

Reaction score
Hey guyz, i've had my baby (1984 VK Berlina) for 2 days and i'm lovin it. I'm getting an Alarm in it over the next week and then a sound system over the next couple. But what mods can be done (mechanical) to enhahnce the performance or just to make it sound better. The visual enhancments are all good but i'd rather get a good sound out of then just just people drooling over the looks (then again I don't wanna be so loud that I can't get the cops off my ass). Any mechanical/technicial mods I would need to get done somewhere as I know nothing about cars but I just wanna get an idea or what options I have. If you've got a VK, or a similar model VH/VL, etc let me know what you've done as I may also be keen. If you know price estimates and places that would also be appricated, and please speak in non technical terms... thanks

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
First thing I'd get is some extractors!

Grunter

Reaction score
Its vk efi, so it would already have them from the factory :)

holden_nut05

Reaction score
then i would do a full exhuast, followed by a nice cam and head package to get a lumpy note, hi flow air cleaner, new spark plugs ( good ones) sum rims if ya budget is willing to stretch maybe even a turbo