Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

rb30/26 into vk

Evil_Monkey_148

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Commodore
Hi i was wondering if you would be able to direct me to information on the conversion of a red 202 to a rb30?

I want to know where to look on the net for parts needed, prices and the other bits except for wiring, as i want to bolt an rb26det head to it, but i would need info on wiring that up to the vk lol

Ive found for a steal a fully rebuilt rb30, off my mates father. I read in Street Commodores that bolting a rb26 head to these made a tuff boost loving combo so this is the route i want to go.

Any info, a point in the right direction whatever would be greatly apreciated

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
You'll need a VL K frame, engine mounts and Gearbox crossmember. If the vk hasn't got the Borg Warner diff you'll need one of those too. You'll need an EFI fuel tank, lines and fuel pump. All these parts are avialable at any wreckers.

As for the RB26dett setup you'll need to buy an engine, gearbox and loom package from a Jap Importer then swap the head and turbo setup over to the RB30 block. If you get the full engine loom off the importer wiring the hole thing up should be pretty easy. For the vk wiring diagrams just grab a gregory's manual. As for the RB26 wiring diagrams I would think the VL turbo would be close. Again grab a gregory's.

You may be able to get more info on calaisturbo.com.au - Powered by vBulletin

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
theres abit of head work and machining to fit the rb26 head... and trying to find a head under 2500 wont be an easy task ..

go buy yourself an rb25 non turbo head as these pretty much bolt straight up with the rb30 bottem end

youl also need to decide what gearbox to run aswell as that will factor in a abit of coin depending on wich way u go