Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Genuine Holden Chrome mirror covers

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
looking at purchasing some genuine holden chrome mirror covers .( Mirror scalps)
Anyone seen these ? i can'nt even find a photo of them on the web.

They are listed under VE Accessories on the holden web.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Thanks for that

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
I put some on my SSV the other week for AHD. Looks great for show, but not for go.

Picked them up from my local stealership the other week. Approx $110.00 for the set. A bugger to get the old ones off but easy to put on.

PhantomVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV e2 Clubsport R8
I put some on my SSV the other week for AHD. Looks great for show, but not for go.

Picked them up from my local stealership the other week. Approx $110.00 for the set. A bugger to get the old ones off but easy to put on.

How exactly did you take them off? flat-head screwdriver or something? Then just pop the newies on?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
How exactly did you take them off? flat-head screwdriver or something? Then just pop the newies on?

Installation instructions:

65180d1243759642-chrome-mirror-covers-scan10005.jpg

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII

The instructions are useless. Hold here and here where indicated don't work too well on curved, polished surfaces. LOL

Was able to pull up the scalp at enough at bottom and slide a credit card / drivers licence in (at point 2) to help push the retaining clips away. Work it along the lip gently for a bit then you'll hear ....CRACK and off it comes. You'll go looking for plastic bits all over the shop but surprisingly, he comes off in one piece.

When fitting start by slotting the top lip in and gently apply presure and it's slips in.

Good luck...I feel a Youtube clip on this coming on!