Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bluetooth phone connection

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Sorry people if you are tired of this question, but has anybody solved the horrible echo problem that telephone callers complain about when using the bluetooth connection. Is there a trick to configuring the radio to stop the echo? I have tried everything I can think of and currently I fade the speakers so that voice comes out of the front drivers speaker only, with volume turned low and then I throw my phone into the centre console and close the lid. It doesn't make much difference. I can't hear the echo at my end but my callers complain constantly, with many unable to continue so hang up.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Most people on here say that Holden Bluetooth is crap, and i agree, cos my boss always calls me on his way home and it sounds like he's in the sewer. Do a Search for bluetooth ...adjust your speaker balance to front right only, and if thats no good then go and buy the Nokia bluetooth module for your car and that should sort it .... Holden make cars not communication devices so I reckon they wasted their time trying.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Haven't had a problem with the Bluetooth. But I switched the balance to front right channel only when I got it. All the other Bluetooth modules ice tried have been crap also, including blueant, Nokia, blackberry, uniden and a couple of others I can't remember. All as bad or worse than the factory unit.

EJVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Bluetooth Connection

I installed the factory bluetooth kit today, and co-incidentally, had read this post yesterday. So, I was anticipating echo problems when I tested it this arvo. No problems at all. People I rang reported perfect audio quality. I didn't adjust anything.

This got me thinking. The kit came with a termination plug that plugs into the dealer option connector under the dash. Instructions said that this was essential for Bluetooth install. I am guessing that this "terminates" some signal. Generally, if you don't terminate a high frequency signal, then reflections will occur...........reflections=echo. I could be wrong here, but it's something I thought of.

So, perhaps people with bad echo have had this plug left out during install ? Worth a look.
Rgds.

Big Wazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V8
Hi my bluetooth is great no problems in the VE , to stop the echo trun the sound down a bit. When I First install my nokia bluetooth in my VZ it echo like mad, so I went back to the shop and all he did was trun the sound down, give that a go it could help.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Mines fine and clear at both ends. What phone are you using?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The following information contains the recommended
audio settings to ensure optimum sound quality during
Blue Tooth connected calls.
These Audio setting must be selected while on a Blue
Tooth call. The audio settings for a Blue Tooth call are
set using the normal radio buttons but are stored
independently of other radio settings and will have no
effect on them.

Base: - 6
Treble: STD or 0
Balance: STD or 0
Fade: F6
Set volume setting to a low but comfortable level.
Increasing volume levels will increase feedback and
echo.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
The following information contains the recommended
audio settings to ensure optimum sound quality during
Blue Tooth connected calls.
These Audio setting must be selected while on a Blue
Tooth call. The audio settings for a Blue Tooth call are
set using the normal radio buttons but are stored
independently of other radio settings and will have no
effect on them.

Base: - 6
Treble: STD or 0
Balance: STD or 0
Fade: F6
Set volume setting to a low but comfortable level.
Increasing volume levels will increase feedback and
echo.

I have checked my settings and the only setting that was not as above was the balance. I had previously set it to the front right channel. I have now set it to STD and will see if there is any improvement.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
In both my VEs I set the fade to full forward and the balance to full right. No bass and a volume that was loud enough for me to hear the person, no louder. ZERO problems with clarity or echo for me or callers.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If you have those same settings (ensuring you set them up while on a bluetooth call) and you still get echo then you have the volume up too high.